Triumph 675 Forums banner

What's it worth?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  jcozine 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just lowsided my '06 d675. :( It's not totalled, but I'm not sure what makes the most sense to do with it, financially speaking, since it's such a high mileage bike (30 thousand!). The clutch cover, crank cover, right fairing, brake pedal and brake lever are smoked. A lot of other little parts were tagged with some rash but are still functional (tail fairing, tank, upper fairing, throttle housing, passenger peg). It looks like parts on ebay are generally expensive or not available at all, which makes me think, maybe parting it out is the way to go? It'd be such a shame to tear apart a good running bike though, so I'm also thinking about doing the minimal to get it ridable and pitch it as a track bike or a beginner's bike. If I did the latter, what do you think it'd be worth?

#3 ·
+1.

Parting it out takes a lot of effort pulling everything apart, and you will sit on a lot of the stuff for quite a while. You will probably get more money that way though.
I would sell it as is, as a potential track bike or project for someone.

Got pics?

#7 ·
How much do you want for it? I'm not in the market right now but will be very soon for a bike just like this. I might be able to make it happen early. I want it as is.

#8 ·
I've got $132 and some pocket lint I'll give you.

That damage doesn't sound bad at all. If I was you, I'd replace the parts needed to get it back on the road and keep riding. Hell, if I had the money I'd buy it from you as I have all the extra covers (I'm keeping, so not for sale)

#10 · (Edited)
Ah, shoot, I actually didn't take any pics of it and now I'm away from home on break. When I get back on Monday I'll take them, but for now you'll have to use your imagination: from the left she looks like a drop-dead gorgeous silver '06 model, and pretty much the same from the right but with holes ground through her right fairing and right engine covers, a flattened (streamlined?) tank, and a couple rouge bits hanging off the right clip-on. Also the brake pedal vaporized (can't believe that's a $90 part! what a rip!). She's also got a two bro's slip on, a power commander, a couple oval stomp pads on the tank, a tail eliminator kit, just the standard stuff.

Gauging from the interest on here, it sounds like spending the $500 or so to at least get her running again would be worthwhile. I figure no one would buy a bike they can't try out anyway, and parting it seems like a huge gamble. Will heed the not-a-beginner-bike advice (thanks for the warning), and will advertise it as a potentially naked girl or track bike. Now my question is, with endearing features like a charging system that only works sometimes despite having a new battery and the r/r recall performed, a temp sensor that reads *just* low enough to let it boil before the fan turns on, and valves that still need to be adjusted for their first time, what's a girl with 30k miles really worth?

As an aside, there are A LOT more clean LHS fairings than RHS ones on ebay. If you guys ever crash try to do it on a left turn. There's gotta be some deep psychological thing going on here...I wonder if righties crash more on the right side and lefties on the left side?

#12 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the victim. First, the pretty side:

Now for the ugly ones:

Half the reason I don't want to part it out is that it seems like just about every part on the darn bike got tagged! But I'm still open to suggestion...how much more do you think I'd make parting this out vs selling it as-is? All it needs to be ridable again are the two right side engine covers, a rear brake pedal, and a bar end...looking at ebay, about $300 in parts.

If you guys looking for specific parts want to shoot me what you'd offer, I'll definitely part it if the offers add up to more than I could sell it for. I've got about two weeks until my collarbone is healed and I'll be dying to ride, so I'll decide by then! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.