Triumph 675 Forums banner

AutoTune problems anyone?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  starpower 
#1 ·
'13 D675R, PCV and an AT200 AutoTune module and wide band O2. O2 installed in OEM location. Got a decent base map from a fellow forum member and it ran pretty good but with a flat spot in throttle turn. In neutral I slowly twist the grip and watch the RPM's raise and listen to the engine smoothness. Overall not too shabby - but at close to 7000rpm I get about 3mm of grip twist without any change in rpm and then it is very linear again.

Now, the 1st run on this base map (established with same bike, filter and slip-on on a dyno) with AT installed got a nice modest massage of no more than 7%. I accepted Trim and the next run had a much larger massage of the max of 20%, the 3rd run saw another 20% max. after accepting it ran awful super rich, black soot on the pipe tip and chocking and coughing in lower RPM's. Back to my base map and another run, this time it did not move the 7% but lot's of 20's again. Ran ok in idle to redline but the "flat spot" in the grip twist moved down to around 4000rpm. I did another run and returned to see yet another 20% increase. I threw up my arms and went back the the dyno base.

Anyone else experience this nonsense? I have to say I purchased the AT200 used from another forum member. he stated that it was used for a few track days and removed in favor of a dyno tune. Maybe this is a faulty unit, it may be if I'm alone here.

See less See more
#2 ·
in the low RPMs (below 4 or 5K), when doing runs on the track or road, AutoTune may send "false positives" corrections due to air/fuel ratio readings at deceleration

it is quite tricky to get the low RPMs right, when you see this kind of high values at low RPMs, you should usually discard them before applying trims

#5 ·
Yes SAI is capped off. I'm hearing mutterings that AutoTune is problematic at best and perhaps a waste of time and money. I would really appreciate feedback from AT owners about their experience.

#8 ·
I should have called it the SAI, but yes same as PAIR. Make sure the SAI is not leaking. What exhaust and map in the ECU? Here's the main problem with the 13+ bikes and tuning- The ECU uses IAP *and* TPS based fuel tables. The PCV (or Bazzaz) is TPS based. So the AT is trying to tune a certain TPS % but the base map in the ECU is varying all over the place with engine load, at low TPS/RPM. It's like trying to herd cats, whether you are using the AT or not. Truly good results are difficult. The PCV has an analog input that could be used to help tune using IAP but I have not gone down that road yet. Things seem to work better if you start with the full system flash in the ECU and then tune with the PCV/Bazzaz on top of that.

I wish somebody would work out a hack for the 13+ ECU's!! :crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.