Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#2,132 ·
Ardell,
Glad to hear Janet is doing well:thumbup:

Brett, I'm looking forward to hearing that exhaust in 2 weeks. I hope the weather holds out.

#2,135 ·
I picked up a new and better rain jacket just to make sure the weather holds out for us. That guarantees it won't rain.

#2,147 ·
At this point I don't think he searches for it anymore. It just finds it's way to his inbox.:biggrinjester:

#2,152 · (Edited)
What can I say, I'm on a budget. I've been patching her up for years.:whistle:
I call her Windy. I've had her a very long time.

#2,156 ·
Rode down to Bagnell Dam with my buddy( white r1) and some of his friends to check out bikefest. Was pretty cool but damn the strip is gonna be covered in oil after all those HD leave...btw I rode the streety today lol
View attachment 76306

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
WOW, that batting cage is still there?! We knew the owners, my dad would give them a couple bushels of tomatoes and they'd trade me a "special" key for the machine so I could just stay in there and hit. I'd literally spend ALL afternoon in there, lol. I'd be up there pretty much every other weekend hitting for a couple summers. Man I loved the strip back in it's hey-day.

#2,157 ·
Well shit any chance of riding for me has been dashed with an interesting little thing called GHOUT on my Big toe joint..

Fuck I knew I lived like a King at times but did I have to get this?

This may have just killed my chance to head on down to the Sequa national Forrest this year.

#2,158 ·
Well shit any chance of riding for me has been dashed with an interesting little thing called GHOUT on my Big toe joint..

Fuck I knew I lived like a King at times but did I have to get this?

This may have just killed my chance to head on down to the Sequa national Forrest this year.
My immediate supervisor gets that in his foot from time to time. Save yourself some future misery and just chop the sucker off now. :smile:

#2,162 ·
10 day forecast still good through Friday:thumbup:

Oddly enough, I now have to go to Little Rock for work a week from Monday. Gotta be there 8 am. It would royally suck to ride all they way home to grab a company pool car and then drive back with 11 1/2 hours of riding/driving in a day. So...weather permitting, I guess I'm riding to Little Rock and then home Monday evening.
The tough part is I will have to lug my computer along with me. I just don't have room for that kind of stuff.
I'm not looking forward to a Monday night interstate ride back for 5 1/2 hours. Not a fan of high speeds in the dark.

#2,164 ·
I'm looking into having a co-worker take shoes and clothes for me and I can swap for some dirty clothes for him to bring back for me. (He rides a Honda VTX and occasionally tours Arkansas so he 'gets it') But I can't hand off my computer to him that early and be out of commission that long. If it looks dry, I'll take the computer with me and if it looks wet, I guess I'll have to stay at the office late Tuesday and hand it off as late as possible.

I just need to look 'professional' Monday morning because a VP is going to be there and I don't think motorcycles make a good impression with her.:thumbdown:

#2,165 ·
The good news is that the HUB is only a couple hours from Little Rock, so you don't have to be in a hurray to get away from the HUB Sunday morning.

Can you UPS your PC/work clothes to the motel in Little Rock? Most places have no problem sending your stuff back home. Didn't you buy a pick-up to haul your bike around?

#2,194 · (Edited)
..... Didn't you buy a pick-up to haul your bike around?
Thats been echoing in my head a few days. It's gonna cost me about $90 more in gas than if I ride there and back but I think thats what I'm going to need to do. I can carry all the shit I need to for work, I don't need to be concerned about rain possibly getting my computer damp, and I won't be riding home from Little Rock on the interstate in the dark.
So need me to bring anything you can't fit on the bike?

Since I'll miss out on riding in on 123, I guess I'll ride up and down 123 after I unload the bike Wednesday

#2,166 ·
If Yamaha finds that balance between, commute/play/tour, with the FZ09, the St. Triple will have some tough competition. When I carry a laptop, it's in a backpack and sealed in plastic, if rain is a possibility. I hope you enjoy your time in AR and am sorry most of your riding will be on I40. I40 in W AR, is smooth asphalt for the most part and the parts that are concrete are under construction(Russellville) for new asphalt. I40 in OK is a whole different story. I had a 15 passenger van briefly on 3 wheels, last July, near the turn off for the Muskogee turnpike. Felt like a logging road...

If you're working in West LR, take Hwy 10 West and loop up around Petit Jean Mountain. HWY 10, 300, 113 and 154 are fun rides. You can pick up I40 in Russellville beat the evening rush hour and get a taste of some AR Twisties...

nlp

#2,171 ·
lol.... The fog really does pile up in those Arkie hills. Been on several trips where you could not see more than 20' in front of the bike. ....

#2,174 ·
#2,175 ·
That is a hell of a ROID channel right there, or for others a fart channel, ardell would not even need to lift up to fart, as there is the "pressure relief"..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.