Triumph 675 Forums banner

TuneECU - Maps Thread - Install - FAQ

248K views 665 replies 233 participants last post by  Victorgarage 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
NOTE: The first step of removing the headlight fuse saves the battery while doing the download and upload of maps and of course needs to be replaced before resetting the TPS (enabling the starter relay - allowing you to start the bike again). Thanks RobNevyn.

First download the map you want to run on your bike. For most 09+ Daytona's I recommend 20283.

This is basically the TOR map for 91 octane gas on bikes with any slip on exhaust.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tune_List.html

BUT, before we upload the new map, please make a copy of your factory map and save it.

Click on the ECU Tab ---> Read Map.

This might take a bit, but you will download your current map that is saved onto your bike, onto your computer/laptop.
There will be a green status bar at the bottom of the screen which will reach 100% when finished.

Now, click on the File Tab ---> Save Map File.

Put this map safely somewhere. This is your original file and always keep it safe, this way you can always go back to
your factory tune.

Time for the fun. Click on the File tab ---> Open Map File.

Select the map you want to upload. In my case its 20283.hex.
It will load the map up onto TuneECU.
If you want to disable the EXUP, SAI, or 02 Sensor drag your mouse to that Parameter at the bottom left side of the program
Right mouse click it and enable/disable.
I do not recommend disabling the SAI unless you have physically delt with it. For my bike I just diabled the Exhaust Valve (EXUP)
Once you have done this its time to upload the map. For some reason its called "download" but we are actually going to upload the map.
Hopefully they will fix this error.

Click on ECU Tab ---> Download.

It will give you a warning and accept and continue. Once it finishes the map is saved!
I recommend resetting the TPS everytime you change the map. You can skip this step if you want, but the bike might be hesitant, run a bit choppy
until it "learns" the new map.

After you upload your new map do the following.
1. Turn off the bike and wait 10 seconds.
2. Turn on the bike, but don't start it.
3. Select "Reset TPS" from the pull down menu under the "ECU" tab
4. Say ok to the next couple of prompts.
5. Once it says, "TPS Reset" Fire up the bike and let it idle.
6. On the bottom left corner of the TuneECU Interface you will see a blue and green arrow circle glow in about 5 or less minutes.
7. After about 10 minutes the box next to TPS at the bottom left of the TuneECU Interface will be green. Then you are ready to go!

* For the times you can't do what you want to do becuase the tabs will be "greyed out" just reconnect the usb cable.

For example, I wanted to upload a new map but "download" was unselectable. I just reconnected the usb cable and was able to do
click on "download."

TuneECU Maps Thread
So finally I think we figured out what the maps mean.
20280 - Factory Map with factory exhaust 09+ Daytona 675
20281 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ 675 US 91+ Octane
20282 - (TOR) Map with factory exhaust 09+ 675 Low Octane
20283 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ +675 Low Ocatane
20284 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 High Octane
20285 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 low Octane

Before you upload a new map, please make a copy of your factory one and save it somewhere safe. This way you will always have a failsafe to go back to.

You can find all of the custom tunes from this page.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/TuneECU_En/Tune_List.html

It would be very beneficial for everyone if you PM me with your experiences with the maps you choose. That way I will post all that info on one page for everyone to see easily.

Please PM me with the following.
Bike Model and Year
Modifications
Map you are running
Your experience, i.e The map felt good all the way through, This map sucks, it makes my bike stall, studder, hesitate, etc. Good or bad we want to know.

09 Map Meanings
20280 - Factory Map with factory exhaust 09+ Daytona 675
20281 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ 675 US 91+ Octane
20282 - (TOR) Map with factory exhaust 09+ 675 Low Octane
20283 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ +675 Low Ocatane
20284 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 High Octane
20285 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 low Octane

This is for the ones that are already posted up. Please DO NOT SUBMIT a custom tune unless you know what you are doing, and have the right equipment,
meaning a afr logger, dyno, knock headphones, etc. The butt dyno and it felt smooth doesn't cut it. Since I used to tune cars for a living, I know how serious
and easily abused something like this can get. A bike running lean will feel very powerful and strong until it pops, and just cause its running smooth doesn't
mean its running safe.

The Map Files

Map: 20281.
User: Cloud
Mods: Too many, but for power wise, Competition Werkes Dual Exhaust.
EXUP: Disabled
SAI: Enabled

I recommend that most 675s that have slip on modifications run this map. Completely changed my bike. The butt dyno tells me that I gained 5-10whp in the mid range. Throttle
response is a lot more crisp and aggressive when needed.

Map: 20284
User: Resorb
Mods: Arrow Slip On
EXUP: Disabled
SAI: He says disabled but waiting on confirmation it was physically done.
Dyno: Unknown
Correction Factor: Unknown
Weather: Unknown
Peak Power: 111.2

*Note
User used a full arrow map for his slip on. Since we don't have AFR readings this is just a guess but it might
have put down better numbers on a map made for his exhaust set up.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
TuneEcu FAQ Thread

Q: I have a full exhaust system which map should I use?

A: On the tune list, you would pick the correct Vin range and choose the Arrow Maps. 95 RON map for US Premium (91+) 91 RON map for US Regular. Don't be cheap, do the premium.

Q: I just installed a tune and there is hesitiation in the rev range. How can I fix this?

A: You probably did not reset the TPS. (Throttle Position Sensor) After you upload your new map do the following.
6. On the bottom left corner of the TuneECU Interface you will see a blue and green arrow circle glow in about 5 or less minutes.
7. After about 10 minutes the box next to TPS at the bottom left of the TuneECU Interface will be green. Then you are ready to go!

Q: Can I just uncheck the box for SAI to disable the intake flapper or do I have to modify it?

A: You have to physically do it. Either buy block off plates or do what DecepticonDon said. Take off the plates and under them is the reed valve. Just unscrew the 2 screws holding them there, and flip them around.

Q: I cannot make a selection because what I want to do is greyed out, or unselectable

A: Reconnect the usb cable, or restart the program.

Q: How can I adjust the fuel values?

A:
You can change the fueling in any individual cell reference by changing any of the following
1) the A/F table value (lower number = more fuel)
2) The Fuel Trim value (higher number = more fuel)
3) The air value (in either the F or L table) (higher number = more fuel)
If you are familiar with how Power Commander works (which most dyno operators will recognize) then the Trim table works similarly to the PC Fuel table - it applies a 'shift' from the base tables by the % value in the cell.
So the trim table is probably the simplest individual table to manipulate to effect some change in fueling.

Note that if you lower the A/F value and at the same time increase the air value in the corresponding cell, that is a 'double-dip' - both of those individually will give more fuel for each alone, so together will be cumulative.
But the map tables are not something you should tweak on blindly without a dyno/gas analyzer - far better just to stick to proven maps that others have developed on dyno.

#11 ·
Then go back to the Rat? :laugh:

Regardless, that's an entirely different forum.

Thanks for reposting this Cloud, someday when I can afford to do some mods I will actually use the information here. :itsok:

#7 ·
No its not. This one I did myself. The old one was a report on the software install part of the post.

This one mainly focuses on maps. The second post will be updated as more and more of us submit our findings with the maps we use. Hopefully custom ones will show up as well.

#9 ·
Well in that case Cloud my hats off to you. Ken is one of my pals from triumphrat.net so I gotta stick up for him. After all he did help me rebuild my Sprint and fork swap so.

But I would like to see some custom tunes too, something people have played with and dynoed so we know its safe to run on out bikes.

And for crying out loud thes bikes rolled off the line in 06, how bout helping us old bike owners :)

#14 ·
Plenty of food on the table here - my girth is testament to that - but the wife wants to re-direct funds for another sprout as we need to do IVF... but there are just so many things I'd like to do to the 675... and spares to buy just in case... and track days to run...

#15 ·
ok i got the map i needed for my bike. it was with an aftermarket slip on and the bike runs great except for a slight stumble at 4krpm. the map doesnt specify if it is tuned for the non exup setup it just says slip on. is there a map out there tuned for both?

#16 ·
Did you do the TPS reset?
(From the FAQ)

Q: I just installed a tune and there is hesitiation in the rev range. How can I fix this?

A: You probably did not reset the TPS. (Throttle Position Sensor) After you upload your new map do the following.

*Some users say they don't need to do this, while others say they do.

Either way, if you skip this step, the bike should adjust on its own, just takes some riding time.

Does it still stumble? If so, I recommend doing the TPS reset. Cured mine.

#17 ·
this is my current map (tune ecu hex file)...

www.resorb.net/20281Map_no_exbv_2_nosainoO2pc3z.zip

the zip contains the TuneECU hex (with the fuel trim pre loaded) and the seperate PowerCommander fuel trim.

it is 20281 with the EXBV, O2 and SAI disabled. It also has a PCIII overlay M515-503 which is the "Arrow slip-on exhaust and link pipe Stock or aftermarket airfilter O2 eliminator fitted Triumph performance slip-on exhaust ECU tune"

Ive been running this map + overlay for about 2,000 miles with no issues.

#21 ·
I did reset the tps but I'll try it again. What I want to know is are there any maps that are tuned for aftermarket slipon AND no exup. The hesitation at 4k is only at around 10% throttle. I have a two brothers pipe if you guys have any other suggestions as to what map I should try let me know.

#22 ·
Thanks!! I'll search on the forum, what the right cable is!!
But, I've read somewhere dat odb-II is standarized and that almost every cable should work.

Note: the cable is ok, because I've to use it today for my Audi. I had a 'Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected'.

#24 · (Edited)
I have a obd2 vag com cable but it's the one that works with can as well as obd2 and it won't work with tuneecu. Ended up buying one from hong kong for like 8 bucks. Still looking for a map for a 06 tuned for non exup setup with an aftermarket pipe. also if anyone can recommend anything for a two brothers pipe map hit me up

#27 ·
what are good options and has anyone found a good tune to use for a bike thats all stock. stock slip on and all.

i found the stock tune, and a pcIII fuel trim uploaded to it for a stock bike. i guess this along with exup disabled and intake flapper disabled. and im thinking about upping the idle a bit, and changing the fan to cut on at 100c instead of 103c. i dont think im going to get into anything else with it being a stock bike.

#30 ·
So I have my Jardine pipe and BMC filter on the way from TJ, ordered my cable off ebay the other day so once they all arrive I will be giving this a whirl.

I have a 2010 Daytona so the VIN falls into the "Daytona 675 From VIN # 381275" group of tunes.

I run either 95/98 octane fuel in Australia so I believe that is off the RON rating.

Would that mean I would be looking at Tune 20281?
http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tunes_in_...na/675cc_Daytona_From VIN 381275/20281Map.hex

Daytona 675 Aftermarket exhaust (95 RON (85 RON/MON) fuel)

Thanx

#32 ·
So I have my Jardine pipe and BMC filter on the way from TJ, ordered my cable off ebay the other day so once they all arrive I will be giving this a whirl.

I have a 2010 Daytona so the VIN falls into the "Daytona 675 From VIN # 381275" group of tunes.

I run either 95/98 octane fuel in Australia so I believe that is off the RON rating.

Would that mean I would be looking at Tune 20281?

Daytona 675 Aftermarket exhaust (95 RON (85 RON/MON) fuel)

Thanx
Certainly! 20281 is the right tune for a slip-on with decent fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.