Triumph 675 Forums banner

TuneECU - Maps Thread - Install - FAQ

248K views 665 replies 233 participants last post by  Victorgarage 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
NOTE: The first step of removing the headlight fuse saves the battery while doing the download and upload of maps and of course needs to be replaced before resetting the TPS (enabling the starter relay - allowing you to start the bike again). Thanks RobNevyn.

First download the map you want to run on your bike. For most 09+ Daytona's I recommend 20283.

This is basically the TOR map for 91 octane gas on bikes with any slip on exhaust.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tune_List.html

BUT, before we upload the new map, please make a copy of your factory map and save it.

Click on the ECU Tab ---> Read Map.

This might take a bit, but you will download your current map that is saved onto your bike, onto your computer/laptop.
There will be a green status bar at the bottom of the screen which will reach 100% when finished.

Now, click on the File Tab ---> Save Map File.

Put this map safely somewhere. This is your original file and always keep it safe, this way you can always go back to
your factory tune.

Time for the fun. Click on the File tab ---> Open Map File.

Select the map you want to upload. In my case its 20283.hex.
It will load the map up onto TuneECU.
If you want to disable the EXUP, SAI, or 02 Sensor drag your mouse to that Parameter at the bottom left side of the program
Right mouse click it and enable/disable.
I do not recommend disabling the SAI unless you have physically delt with it. For my bike I just diabled the Exhaust Valve (EXUP)
Once you have done this its time to upload the map. For some reason its called "download" but we are actually going to upload the map.
Hopefully they will fix this error.

Click on ECU Tab ---> Download.

It will give you a warning and accept and continue. Once it finishes the map is saved!
I recommend resetting the TPS everytime you change the map. You can skip this step if you want, but the bike might be hesitant, run a bit choppy
until it "learns" the new map.

After you upload your new map do the following.
1. Turn off the bike and wait 10 seconds.
2. Turn on the bike, but don't start it.
3. Select "Reset TPS" from the pull down menu under the "ECU" tab
4. Say ok to the next couple of prompts.
5. Once it says, "TPS Reset" Fire up the bike and let it idle.
6. On the bottom left corner of the TuneECU Interface you will see a blue and green arrow circle glow in about 5 or less minutes.
7. After about 10 minutes the box next to TPS at the bottom left of the TuneECU Interface will be green. Then you are ready to go!

* For the times you can't do what you want to do becuase the tabs will be "greyed out" just reconnect the usb cable.

For example, I wanted to upload a new map but "download" was unselectable. I just reconnected the usb cable and was able to do
click on "download."

TuneECU Maps Thread
So finally I think we figured out what the maps mean.
20280 - Factory Map with factory exhaust 09+ Daytona 675
20281 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ 675 US 91+ Octane
20282 - (TOR) Map with factory exhaust 09+ 675 Low Octane
20283 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ +675 Low Ocatane
20284 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 High Octane
20285 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 low Octane

Before you upload a new map, please make a copy of your factory one and save it somewhere safe. This way you will always have a failsafe to go back to.

You can find all of the custom tunes from this page.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/TuneECU_En/Tune_List.html

It would be very beneficial for everyone if you PM me with your experiences with the maps you choose. That way I will post all that info on one page for everyone to see easily.

Please PM me with the following.
Bike Model and Year
Modifications
Map you are running
Your experience, i.e The map felt good all the way through, This map sucks, it makes my bike stall, studder, hesitate, etc. Good or bad we want to know.

09 Map Meanings
20280 - Factory Map with factory exhaust 09+ Daytona 675
20281 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ 675 US 91+ Octane
20282 - (TOR) Map with factory exhaust 09+ 675 Low Octane
20283 - (TOR) Map with aftermarket Exhaust 09+ +675 Low Ocatane
20284 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 High Octane
20285 - (TOR) Map with full aftermarket system (Full Arrow) 09+ 675 low Octane

This is for the ones that are already posted up. Please DO NOT SUBMIT a custom tune unless you know what you are doing, and have the right equipment,
meaning a afr logger, dyno, knock headphones, etc. The butt dyno and it felt smooth doesn't cut it. Since I used to tune cars for a living, I know how serious
and easily abused something like this can get. A bike running lean will feel very powerful and strong until it pops, and just cause its running smooth doesn't
mean its running safe.

The Map Files

Map: 20281.
User: Cloud
Mods: Too many, but for power wise, Competition Werkes Dual Exhaust.
EXUP: Disabled
SAI: Enabled

I recommend that most 675s that have slip on modifications run this map. Completely changed my bike. The butt dyno tells me that I gained 5-10whp in the mid range. Throttle
response is a lot more crisp and aggressive when needed.

Map: 20284
User: Resorb
Mods: Arrow Slip On
EXUP: Disabled
SAI: He says disabled but waiting on confirmation it was physically done.
Dyno: Unknown
Correction Factor: Unknown
Weather: Unknown
Peak Power: 111.2

*Note
User used a full arrow map for his slip on. Since we don't have AFR readings this is just a guess but it might
have put down better numbers on a map made for his exhaust set up.

See less See more
#370 ·
The service centre wont change the map from the factory unless your changing the slip on. Default MAP is 20595Map.hex OEM

#375 ·
Hey guys looking for some help here,
I have Saved original map and uploaded the new map - all good.

Trying to do Reset Adaptation
Have the bike hooked up to my car battery, voltage is not dropping below 13v but it keeps disconnecting as I start the bike.
The light in bottom right corner goes red and then a pop up saying 'ECU is not responding: check cable connection. Turn ignition off and on.'
Obviously I tried doing this several times, but no success yet.

Any help appreciated!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#376 ·
tune ecu

just an update for anyone who would care,

i purchased the correct fdti cable this time and it worked as it should and i was able to get the tune ecu to work with no other problems.

i uploaded tune 20281 , i also lowered the intake flapper to 900rpm and i disabled the exup as well as lowered the quickshifter to 100ms from 150ms.

the only performance mods i have on my bike is a scorpion titanium exhaust and with the above tune uploaded to my bike i must say it feels amazing.
the throttle response is lightning fast and the power is so smooth and linear and i def feel more hp above 9000 rpm and the tq seems to be a little more in the midrange as well. the bike is noticably louder with the exup disabled but all in all i am amazed at the improvment and very happy with the results.

again my bike is a 09 with only a slip on and a triumph factory quicjkshifter and maop 20281 was def an improvment over stock i am very happy with this tune .

thanks to anyone who helped in answering my questions and thanks to the op and anyone who added info to this thread thanks guys!

#378 ·
Hey guys,

I have decided I would like to take a shot at this. I have never used any kind of tuning software in my life, and am not as computer literate as a lot of you probably are, so please excuse me if I ask a question that may appear to be a dumb one?

I have currently done the following:

Read the first 12 pages of this thread which refers to old tunes and old versions of TuneECU. A lot of it was useful but some of it may not neccesarily be up to date in regards to tune numbers,etc. I also skimmed the last 3 or 4 to see if I could find more current info and answers to one of my questions.

Down loaded the latest version of TuneECU, version 2.3.6.

Ordered a cable that should be suitable.

Downloaded the tune that I want to run for my 09 Daytona (20596)

Opened the tune up in TuneECU and adjusted the intake flap to 950RPM ( I just want it opened all the time at this point). I will also go back into it and lower the fan start temp as I live in a pretty warm part of the world so figure it can't hurt)

Now for the dumb questions:

When I get around to removing the intak eairflapper thing it s just a matter of removing tick in the intake flap box on the LHS, right?

Do I have to upload a driver with this lates version or not? I am running this on 2 month old laptop with Windows 7 ( or is it Vista?) Just wanted clarification on this.

I cant see where you reset the TPS. When I go into the ECU tab on TuneECU the closest thing I can see is "Reset Adaptation". Is this the same thing?

That is all the dumbness for now, but I am sure I will have other questions when everything arrives and I am ready to start. Cant wait for my cable to arrive in the mail!

#379 ·
Now for the dumb questions:

When I get around to removing the intak eairflapper thing it s just a matter of removing tick in the intake flap box on the LHS, right?
Yes

Do I have to upload a driver with this lates version or not? I am running this on 2 month old laptop with Windows 7 ( or is it Vista?) Just wanted clarification on this.
Yes. The instructions in this forum say to use the driver that came with the cable. However, for me this locked up TuneECU as soon as I plugged the cable in (not even connected to the bike). I pulled the driver from the chip maker's website, which is part of the instructions on TuneECU's site, and it worked fine.

I cant see where you reset the TPS. When I go into the ECU tab on TuneECU the closest thing I can see is "Reset Adaptation". Is this the same thing?
Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

#380 ·
Thanks.

So for the drivers, if I just follow the link on this page for the 2XXX CDM driver and download the correct one for my operating system it should all be sweet?

http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/install1.html

Assuming thats the case, once installed as per the above link, do I need to actually do anything to initiate that driver when trying to use TuneECU, or is it just a matter of plugging in the lead and opening up TuneECU, and the program/s will recognize what I am trying to initiate and do the rest in regards to bike-computer communication, or do I actually need to prompt the driver somehow to do its thing?

#381 ·
Hi Cloud and others, I have a 2012 675R and have the Arrow slip on in the mail. I didn't realize that the Arrow Slip on required a re-map. I was planning on installing the slip on myself and I don't own a cable, but my suspension tuner told me he could flash my ECU for me. However, he lives 30 miles away which would mean me installing the slip on and then riding to him with the old map. Is there an issues doing this with a new bike that is still in the middle of break in?

Thanks!

#390 ·
I am not sure which vin# series you would fall under, but the TOR map is a good place to start, you would either need a custom tune for it to be perfect. You could also ask a fellow 2011 daytona member to use his tune (free or for a fee) if he has a similar setup which would be better than the TOR, but each bike is slightly different so it would need to be fine tuned for best results.

Also did you restart the computer after your initial try? Sometimes it will automatically install the drivers and needs the computer to be restarted for it to take full effect.

#391 ·
I am not sure which vin# series you would fall under, but the TOR map is a good place to start, you would either need a custom tune for it to be perfect. You could also ask a fellow 2011 daytona member to use his tune (free or for a fee) if he has a similar setup which would be better than the TOR, but each bike is slightly different so it would need to be fine tuned for best results.

Also did you restart the computer after your initial try? Sometimes it will automatically install the drivers and needs the computer to be restarted for it to take full effect.
My VIN is in the range of # 381275 and upwards. Its actually 406***. I havent restarted the computer yet. Do I really need to take off the lights fuse in order to start the program or its not necessary?

#396 ·
I'm having issues installing the drivers and getting the cable to be recognized by the computer. ( I knew I would)

I spent the extra and purchased the cable from Lonelec which is the one recommended on the tuneecu site.

Went to the page where the driver instal is. Installed the drivers that suit my operating system. Extract the files, then plug in the cable as per the instructions on the tuneecu site and bam, nothing! WTF! Help!

#397 ·
Never mind.

Downloaded the driver from the lonelec site for the tuneecu cable and hey presto, it worked.
Just downloaded tune 20596 after lowering the air flap opening RPM and the fan cut in temp.

Off for a ride now to test!

#402 · (Edited)
Hey guys, looking for some info. I've been searching this thread but I can't seem to find what I'm lookin for. I have an 08 D675 SE. I have a K&N filter and I just ordered a comp werkes exhaust for it and I cant seem to find a tune for the 08. All the ones I find are 09 and later, anyone done one for this yet?? Also I'm seeing most tunes disable EXUP, is it recommended to remove it if its disabled or can it be left in?

Also power commander.... recommended???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.