Triumph 675 Forums banner

FS- small/large carbon track tank sliders

69K views 486 replies 112 participants last post by  hiimchad 
#1 ·
i will be making these track version sliders at request from now on sinse so many people want them.. there 50$ for a small set or 60 for a large set. price includes shipping. some sets MAY or MAY NOT have imperfections

#3 ·
Colors?

#5 ·
All White

#10 ·
Definitely interested.

Can you share more information about the tank sliders?
What material is it made of? How thick is it?
Where is it manufactured?

What are these "imperfections" you speak of? Just blemishes aesthetically?
its 100% real carbon fiber, i use 1 layer of carbon and 6 layers of fiberglass. to use all carbon would be very expensive and not really needed. all 7 layers are vacuum molded to make them super stronge.. there made here in new jersey.. imperfections are anything from to many micro air bubbles or weave snags.. sets dont always come out of the molds perfect, its a very long and hard process too

#12 ·
darn it... Not really a fan of the black and white. If you EVER do an all white let me know.

#14 ·
You know, I don't care much about it being carbon fiber. If it was fiberglass only, I would not mind. I understand if you cannot do it because of stock. No prob.

Thanks anyway.

#16 ·
Do you have a pic of it?

#18 ·
I would not mind those but I see a red line around the left one. Do you have any that are near perfect? If you could spray this with the blue pearl to match my bike I would buy them.

#20 ·
I don't mind seeing the weave. In fact, I like the weave. I just want it to match the paint's bluish pearl.

#22 ·
True... Very true...

#34 ·
What do you mean gel coated?

#36 ·
gel coat is a colored resin with fiberglass dust in it for strength.. thats what is used when making fiberglass parts.. carbon fiber parts use a clear gel coat more known as epoxy resin

#37 ·
I would like a quote for one gel coated to 79928. Now I have to find the paint codes for the SE.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.