Triumph 675 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph Race Support Tail Section

30K views 160 replies 40 participants last post by  Triumph Race Support 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Update from SiW:

Quick update. We will start the moulds at the end of this month (September). I've been putting it off as this is the only seat unit I have and once I start making the mould I won't have a bike to ride as my other ones a track bike and my third one lives on the isle of man now.
Anyway we plan to start soon. I'm going to pull the seat off and take pics and work out shipping prices etc. We can do the super bike seats (solid base not stock saddle) quickly but the ones to take the stock saddle will be a bit longer as we're flat out doing carbon moulds for the new MV F3.
The frame rails have to be trimmed back by 5mm right at the tip to allow for the tight point. I'll post picks of that.
We can get the seats painted to match stock colours at an extra cost.
Original Post:

I've been nagging Triumph Race Support about the tail section featured in SiW's 675TRS (BOTM thread here), and they're gearing up to produce them at the end of the month/early next month.

Expected price is £150 for the fiberglass tail, and that includes an undertray (to clean up the tail if you're running a low exhaust) and an LED brake light (seen in the pictures).

I've just been nagging them because I think it is an AWESOME looking tail and I want it desperately for my track bike, but it seems like a really cool solution for a street bike too. It'll be available over on Triumph Race Support, I just wanted to make a thread to give anyone else that might be interested in an awesome looking solo tail a heads up.

See less See more
#3 ·
The way I understand it, it's a definite "maybe." It depends on interest, so if anyone else wants one with a stock seat speak up too!

#6 ·
Truth be told, even if they didn't make it I'm pretty sure you could get it to work with the stock seat with some trimming and some sanding. I could of course be wrong, but looking at how it's shaped I don't think it's be all that difficult.

#9 · (Edited)
Yes! I'm in either way...superbike seat or stock seat. I spoke to SiW when he won BOTM and he mentioned it was a one-off and the guy that made it wasn't going to anymore. Glad your nagging paid off! To clarify, the tail light comes with it? Integrated turn signals or no?

Subscribed for updates...

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com App

#10 ·
To clarify, the tail light comes with it? Integrated turn signals or no?
I'll ask to check (it'll be a bit of a delay since the TRS folks are a bit busy with the Manx GP at the moment), but the tail light comes with it, and if I had to guess I would say it doesn't have integrated signals because of how compact it is (look at the second photo).

#11 ·
Yes you can thank Alex for pestering us to make on. The guy who made me this one won't make no more so we have decided to make our own using mine as a mould. Seems like most of you want to run a stock saddle so we will gear up for this option. The back light is just a stop & tail light. You have to supply your own indicators/turn signals and number plate mounts. I can take pics of mine when I get back from the Isle of Man.
Having a few problems here, FZR400 has blown up, ZXR400 has electrical problems, Daytona struggling on wet set up. But our 2 gixxer 750s are going well.

#22 ·
Beautiful tail!. I'll be picking up one of these myself...maybe even 2. One for track and one for street cuz I spoil my bike like that.

#24 ·
I can't wait either, repainting my track plastics will be a Fall/Winter project and the new tail would go very nicely with them. :thumbup:

Hahaha, I like your attitude.

#27 ·
Quick update. We will start the moulds at the end of this month (September). I've been putting it off as this is the only seat unit I have and once I start making the mould I won't have a bike to ride as my other ones a track bike and my third one lives on the isle of man now.
Anyway we plan to start soon. I'm going to pull the seat off and take pics and work out shipping prices etc. We can do the super bike seats (solid base not stock saddle) quickly but the ones to take the stock saddle will be a bit longer as we're flat out doing carbon moulds for the new MV F3.
The frame rails have to be trimmed back by 5mm right at the tip to allow for the tight point. I'll post picks of that.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

#28 ·

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Great news! Can't wait for the release:thumbup:

#30 ·
Siw
Paint to match OEM paint colors that is top draw service right there please lets us how much will the cowl be if painted even if you do not know the exact cost just give us a ball park .

I have a suggestion as well why not offer rear turn signals as part of a package deal I know there is so many brands out there & not every customer will decide to go with / buy that specific brand but others might which is added business to you as well and a hassle free option .

Instead of waiting till rear turn signals are on hand to install the new goodies (Tail Cowl & tail light )it would be one install job right there and then .Let me know what you think & thanks again

#35 ·
I would be down for this also!

Siw
Paint to match OEM paint colors that is top draw service right there please lets us how much will the cowl be if painted even if you do not know the exact cost just give us a ball park .

I have a suggestion as well why not offer rear turn signals as part of a package deal I know there is so many brands out there & not every customer will decide to go with / buy that specific brand but others might which is added business to you as well and a hassle free option .

Instead of waiting till rear turn signals are on hand to install the new goodies (Tail Cowl & tail light )it would be one install job right there and then .Let me know what you think & thanks again

#31 ·
#32 ·
Nah man such a sweet looking tail deserves better looking turn signals in my humble opinion and drilling such tail would be a shame as well Rizoma turn signals for example would add a one custom look with that tail for sure I know they are not cheap but so is that brilliant looking tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.