Triumph 675 Forums banner

Cylinder head - Daytona vs Street triple 675

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Gouraami 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I recently bought a 2006 Daytona 675 and after some stripping yesterday, discovered there has been a catastrophic failure inside the head the past. The other problem is that three of the inlet valves are letting oil past the guides. The manual states there is no way of replacing guides and the only solution is to replace the cylinder head :|

I thus need to find another cylinder head.

I have done a fair bit of googling, and it seems the 2006 -2008 street triple and Daytona heads are the same, excluding the cams. Is this information correct? I have found a second hand street triple 2008 head and would like to purchase it, but would like confirmation as to whether the heads are in fact a straight swap, I will simply use the Daytona cams

Thanks!

#3 ·
Thanks for the confirmation MacBandit

The head I am looking at is also not painted, does this mean it is not a street triple head?

#5 ·
Thanks Macbandit, I ordered it, so I guess I will find out when it arrives :grin2:

#6 ·
Are the valve springs the same between the two motors? I know the Daytona has a higher redline and has forged pistons and rods to deal with the additional stresses - not sure if that higher redline also required different springs. Regardless, I don't think it should matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.