Triumph 675 Forums banner

New (ish) backup/tourer.

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Day 
#1 ·
Got a good deal on this one today, a 2002 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird (longest name ever?)
As the roads here are covered with snow/ice driving it now isn't an option but i will put
some good miles on it this summer. Previous owner installed a full stainless Yoshimura system with a carbon can,
PC3 + K&N airfilter. Dynoed (149 rwhp) It also came with Giwi hardshell plastic top/sideboxes, tankbag etc etc.
Pretty sweet bike imo, not a racer but rapid with a 186 mph topspeed.
(pic by previous owner)

See less See more
#8 ·
Haven't gone that fast (yet) but the long wheelbase makes it very stable at speed, previous owner raised it slightly
at the rear so it turns a little bit quicker now.

#7 · (Edited)
awesome ride! looking forward to hearing what you are going to do with it/ some great trip reports!

Looks like it is super far forward/ aggressive BP, but it may be comfortable? just the pictures makes the bike look LOOOONG!
Haha yea, it's huge compared to the 675 with an extra 70-80 lbs dryweight. But that torque though, 113 nm @6500rpm wich is twice the amount of the 675, you don't have to shift much on the highway as the thing pulls like mad.
This is my first literbike eventhough i've ridden several previously, nothing with this much power though. Seating position is comfortable but slightly more aggressive than i expected, there's 1 inch alu spacers available for the clipons if needed, you just bolt them on underneath the stock bars, supposedly a 15 minute job. Not sure how much work i'll put into it, it already has the full system, PC3 and airfilter with a custom map that added 10 hp on top of the stock 164 hp. Need to do something about the headlight, low beam has an led bulb, high beam still retains the halogen so high beam will get a led bulb. Just a million different ones available so it's damn hard deciding. Going to the north of sweden this summer, considering Belguim/Spa for the F1 race or the dutch motogp race @ Assen if work schedule permits it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.