Triumph 675 Forums banner

Triumph Bike Launch? "The Gamechanger"

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Pergrem 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
judging from the teaser video, theres at least a new engine touting 'game changing' performance, and an all new fancy hi-res dash.. looks pretty slick..

im no mechanical engineer, but if they've already chucked this new engine in a street triple, and a tuned version will be taking over moto2, i really don't see it being too difficult to shove it in a daytona with some other tweaks and have an all new model ready to go.. 2018?

#5 ·
The way I see the Moto2 deal is a way to drum up more sales. No point in the exercise if there is no bike to drum up the sales, sure the Street/Speed Triple are/will probs continue to be great bikes, but they aren't the same style of bikes that race in Moto2 i.e. Sportbikes. Most fans of Moto2, and MotoGP in general are sportbike riders. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Triumph will be showing a new Sportbike sometime in the future, whether or not it bares the name Daytona remains to be seen.

#6 ·
ok so that was a bit underwhelming...

given triumphs gameplan here with the street triple, i'd wager top dollar the next daytona will get the same treatment. its like no effort for them at all.

when does the next years daytona model launch usually? like around may and on sale june/july?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.