Triumph 675 Forums banner

FS: Underslung rear brake caliper bracket

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Thatkid 
#1 ·
So these were a long work in progress but I finally got a finished run of these. I can safely say it will be the last run of them. So if you want one, don't wait. I believe I made 40 total and a few of those have been spoken for or sold already.

You have a couple options.

Bare aluminum - $150 Still has tool path marks on the bracket.
Bead blasted bare aluminum - $150 Great if you're going to powdercoat or paint it.

Black anodized aluminum - $165 Hot off the coater today! Finally.

Non modded brackets for the p34 caliper - $130 For the DIYer that doesn't mind sanding down the pad corners on the inside bracket side pad only. I have 1 in black ano and 2 bare aluminum. Everything else on these works exactly the same, I just didn't have them with me when I was doing the pad mod. They look exactly the same as the other brackets, but they don't have this mod on the back.

Ano color of your choice - $180 You will have to wait until I'm doing a bath of that color and payment would be upfront.

You will need a new brake line and obviously the correct caliper. The specs for all of this can be found here. Toothless rebuild thread with specs

A review of the bracket can be found here.
Underslung Review

I wanted one of these and since I had to do all the work to make one, I decided to make a bunch because of the thread about people wanting them. I will most likely put my logo on them if I can get it situated how I want it.

Anyhow, hopefully I sell some. Otherwise I have a lot of stock on hand! I do back them up as far as them breaking but that is as far as I take it. I will not be held liable for anything that happens while using this bracket. I have done my best to have it street tested and approved. The tolerances are tighter than stock. These baby's work. By purchasing one you are releasing me of any and all liability if anything should happen. I wouldn't put it on my bike if I was confident about it though. I definitely wouldn't sell it if I thought there was a flaw of any kind. Please make sure to locktite your caliper to the bracket. The locating pin is sent already locktited in place and uses a stainless steel bolt for strength and corrosion resistance.

Total weight of bracket is 170g. With the caliper it's 775g(1lb 11oz). The stock caliper is not the lightest thing in the world. It could be made a little lighter with different bolts or get the higher end model.

Anyhow, after all that, send me a PM if you want one or have any questions.

See less See more
#8 ·
No dumb questions there. It allows for the use of a better caliper. Stock caliper uses sliding pins and a piston for braking where the brembo uses a piston for each side. Better modulation and power. The bracket itself allows for easier wheel changes. It's also a lot lighter than stock so there is some weight savings as well.

It does work on a stock bike. You will need a longer brake line and the p34 brembo caliper.

#14 ·
Been using this since he introduced them, and still have the beta test mule no issues.. given i do not use the rear brake a ton, and also have galfer or lightened rear rotor.. but do use race compound pads on the back.

#16 ·
I received the bracket from Thatkid and wanted to thank him for the work. Thought I'd bump this thread for the craftsmanship in this part, and because of how damn nice the part looks :thumbup:

Attachments

#21 ·
I made another 6 of these. 2 are spoken for so 4 left plus the red one. They are bare aluminum right now. They can be left with the machine finish, scotch brighted for a uniform finish or bead blasted for a clean yet slightly textured finish. They can also be powdercoated or anodized at the buyers request. Price has gone up a little between shipping prices rising and material costs. These bodies have been beefed up a bit and are using 7075 aluminum which is quite pricey. Price for bare models is $170. Adding a color is $15 extra.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.