Triumph 675 Forums banner

GB: Impact Safe-T Armor *CUSTOM* Chest & Back Protector - Made in USA

36K views 137 replies 24 participants last post by  TriumphChris675 
#1 · (Edited)
I swore I'd never do another custom group buy...but here we go again...

So the ladies of 675, brought up a thread on chest protectors. I actively ride track and don't wear one, but some swore by them. Even though I believe, any armor is better than no armor, I mainly don't wear one because of the pitiful selection we have available to females. Men's versions won't work (like I do with my suit). A couple ladies brought up Impact Safe-T Armor because they were Custom Made per rider. I didn't think much about it, but that weekend I ran into Ken Condon of Tony's Track Days in our A/C classroom @ NJMP. Their distinct design and sewn on patches, I instantly knew it was Safe-T and asked if I could check it out. The instant I felt it, I was impressed. Definitely the quality, sturdiness I look for, not too thick either. SOLD! I hate plastic pieces all over (I returned my Knox back because of this. It was held on by screws pointed into the spinal area, IMO that may cause more damage) Figured with the 675 ladies bringing it up and many of my track friends not wearing chest protection, I'd hit them up and ask if they'd do a group buy for us! YAY they agreed!

Worn by Colin Edwards & Nicky Hayden of MotoGP, Elena Myers & Josh Hayes of AMA! These are CUSTOM MADE to your body, shape, size! CE-2 RATED!

Deadline: Let's shoot for end Sept 15 for now.

Products: All are available for our GB! Chest, Back, Supermoto protectors, etc - Visit www.impactarmor.com to select which model is for you!

CHECK OUT THE PICS - http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj620/michshiftt/

Few Retail Pricepoints (NOT OUR GB PRICE!):

Mens Chest Standard - $95
Men's Chest w/ Ab Wing - $125
Women's Chest - $125

Turn around time: 4 weeks pending active communication with buyer for completion of their fit templates, etc.

Personal Logo/Design: Option for T675.net old/new logo AND/or own personal logo - Also Color combo choices (more info to come on this)

Private Group Buy Pricing: pls PM me! UPDATE: First 20 Orders are XX% off Retail. Any Orders AFTER the 20th is a LOWER discount (cost more). I've structured it this way to enforce a sense of urgency in everyone. These are custom, and require template work and design approval, need everyone to be responsive to Impact Armor as it may affect other member's orders.

Shipping: Impact Armor will ship directly to buyers! Already discounted shipping - $10 for Chest, $12 for Back, $15 for both! Any NJMP/NYC Area members - we can ship them all to me to split the costs, and we can arrange pick up.

Payment: Paypal me, and I'll send Impact Armor our full GB payment

Who's In? (paid in Red)
1) umicheng - Women's Chest (pick up)
2) eastwind - Women's Chest (pick up)
3) jtnyc - Back (pick up)
4) stamford - Men's Standard Chest (pick up)
5) sittingturbo - Men's Standard Chest (GA)
6) RNYC - Chest w/ Ab (pick up)
7) louie3 - Standard Chest (ship)
8) Hokie - Chest (pick up) - ?
9) frayed - Standard Chest - pickup VIR
10) chicknfeed - Chest - (Australia)
11) Knolly - Ab Wing Chest & Colin edwards Back - ship IL
12) jp129 - Standard Chest - ship TX
13) harshjudgement - Standard Chest & Short Tail Back - pick up
14) nyc675 - Standard Chest (maybe back) - pick up
15) tooblekain - Chest with Ab & Colin Back - Ship to CA
16) toxidomask - Standard Chest - Ship
17)
18)
19)
20)

This message is pre-approved by John, joisey mod!

WHOOT gooo Triumph!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
JP - on the phone with Mike with IA now. The chest protector is packed in layers with a tight zipped mesh pouch. It is approximately 0.5" and been heavily tested for crash/impact resistance. The testing honed in on the best balance of strength to withstand hits, but thin enough to feel like its not there to not distract and allow 100+% concentration on the bike. Like timwu12 says, the second i felt it, the thing feels so safe and strong. Really impressed.

Is the back protector part of the chest protector? (so you just kind of pull it over?)
exactly as timwu12 said. The most common is theres velcro that connects the 2 pieces thru under the arm. When you take it off between sessions you just remove one side and slip out. But Mike from IA said whatever any one wants, in terms of extra velcro, no velcro, etc he can make happen. He follows-up with every racer's crash to make sure the armor does not shift/move but stays in place. http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj620/michshiftt/

#3 ·
sittingturbo - adding you to the list now

JP - i emailed IA- will have an answer for you.

Members with Safe-T items! Chime in! Would love to hear your thoughts/opinions. Seems I've read that the armor warms up to rider body heat and conforms well to the body.

#6 ·
It's 2 separate pieces that you just slip on your back and chest. He does supply you with an elastic Velcro band if you want to connect them side to side!

I have a set of these and they're stiff as hell when you first put it on but once it warms up and conforms to you, you hardly feel it! Best chest and back protectors out there!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#10 ·
CE Rating Info! Pulled from email that was sent to another customer

"The short answer is that our chest and back protectors exceed the government established EN 1621-2 (level 2)requirements of not transmitting peak impact energy above 12KN. In fact, our armor samples, in 1997 only transmitted a peak force of 9.8 KN during multiple impact drop tests. Further, our testing was done from a period of 1994 thru 1997 before there was a govt standard and before we refined the performance of our armor even further. Dr. Roderick Woods of Cambridge Universities Physiological Laboratory did the testing. I consider Dr. Woods the "grandfather" of the CE standard."

#12 ·
Interested in Chest and back for men price pls ;)

#14 ·
I'm broke and already equipped, or else I'd definitely be right into this... Don't joke with protection, guys ;)

Thanks for the effort, too, umicheng :thumbup:

#16 ·
Hokie - sure thing! Pls link them to this thread for the info and Have them email me directly for details/ordering.

I will get to everyone's price request on Monday PM/Tuesday. Any else, pls PM me directly as its the easiest way for me to ensure I respond to everyone. Thanks

Finalizing price tomorrow! Looks to be awesome for us!

#18 ·
Hey everyone! Thanks for quick responses and patience in waiting for me to finalize pricing :curtsey:

SO first 20 orders are cheaper than any subsequent orders! YAY for us already in ;)

Because we already have 10+ members in, they are custom, and need time to fit/approve/etc...I'm placing our first order this week!! This way he can get started working on the first batch, versus getting a huge order later.

IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE FIRST BATCH, I NEED TO CONFIRM YOU ARE IN BY THURS/FRI! Others will go in on a rolling basis as he finishes the first batch, etc.

All armor will be a Gunmetal/Black Color. I will be pinging everyone individually with order details I need....

Zipper Color : Red, Black, Blue, may be other options (Impact logo will match)

Personal Logo/Name Design: will need file (Example:

Triumph Logo: Yes or No....New or Old design...

#22 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone, sorry it's been a high number of PM's between everyone. We had such high interest in a short amount of time, I have kind of been forming the details I need for the order along the way, versus preparing it all in one PM to interested buyers.

STATUS: Our order is basically going in NOW. Because we already at 20, any orders that come in during the next week, I can keep at the max discount, as I am waiting on measurement forms to come in and Impact Armor is putting together templates. But any that do not get in on this order from then till the 9/15 that still want in, I am thinking of having you go straight to Impact Armor. Just PM me nonetheless.

If you want in, I'll need;

Name
Email
Phone
Product you are ordering:
Color Zipper: (Blue, Black, Red, Pink)
Triumph Logo Y/N:
If Y, Old or New Design:
Personal Artwork: (this is free! need a JPEG in an email sent to me)
Address for template:
Ship Final Product Direct to you or are you picking up from me?

--

TEMPLATES ARE STARTING FRIDAY 8-10, We should expect them end of next week for those who get me their measurements quickly.

TIP for measurement - Follow the "topography" of your body, do not measure a straight line from point to point

(On website) * Special instructions for the "C" measurement:
Begin at the exact middle of your right side. Lay the measuring tape across your torso and follow the natural curvature of your body. Measure the distance between the exact middle of your right side to the exact middle of your left side.

*** I DO NOT WANT/NEED THE PDF FORM, just use it for help with making measurements****

Send me an Email or a PM in the following format (inches!):

Name:
Chest
A -
B -
C -

Back
A -
B -
C -
D -

Height: _____, Weight: _____

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
quick question, on the B measurement for the chest, are we measuring basically from a little above the nipple across to a little above the other nipple? if you understand what im saying lol

nevermind, pretty sure i got it. email sent

count me in for the first batch, just let me know when to send payment.

#28 ·
quick question, on the B measurement for the chest, are we measuring basically from a little above the nipple across to a little above the other nipple? if you understand what im saying lol

nevermind, pretty sure i got it. email sent

count me in for the first batch, just let me know when to send payment.
I just did it right under my armpit since it said "under arms"

#24 · (Edited)
So question about measuring, im a bit confused about B & C; center of left and right?? Does this mean half of the body??? So i have 2 numbers each B & C to write down is this true? The picture just has a straight line but instruction confuse my feeble mind.

(sorry i dont have 4G. A bit late posting as someones already is as confused as i am)

#25 ·
So question about measuring, im a bit confused about B & C; center of left and right?? Does this mean half of the body??? So i have 2 numbers each B & C to write down is this true? The picture just has a straight line but instruction confuse my feeble mind.

(sorry i dont have 4G. A bit late posting as someones already is as confused as i am)
i used my nipples as reference for the "middle left and middle right"

#35 ·
*** I DO NOT WANT/NEED THE PDF FORM, just use it for help with making measurements****

Send me an Email or a PM in the following format (inches!):

Chest
A -
B -
C -

Back
A -
B -
C -
D -

Height: _____, Weight: _____

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.