Triumph 675 Forums banner

Texas World Speedway or similar track gearing

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kevin7909 
#1 ·
Hi everyone:

What gearing do you find works for you in terms of front and rear sprockets?

What rear tire size are you using?

What year 675 (if a different bike please list it)?

Any other comments, advice is appreciated in addition to the information requested.

Thanks everyone,
Kevin

#2 ·
I just ran TWS this last weekend. My '17 is brand new and still has the stock gearing. I never hit the top of the rev limiter down the straight, but was getting close. (If anyone can tell me what speed it tops out stock, that would be great information- I seem to recall I was indicating the upper 140s at my peak). I'm currently researching what the best gearing for most of our CMRA tracks would be. TJ has recommended leaving the front 15 (stock in the 3rd gen) and just going up one tooth on the rear. My gut feel is I would need two up to notice a difference worth the cost of the hardware.

That being said, 15/48 would have been a decent choice on the fast TWS track. Now our other tracks (Cresson, Hallett, Houston) don't have that long straight, so maybe 15/48 works, maybe 15/49. I'm still wrangling over this.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. TJ told me the same thing, but my bike has a big back tire. Telemetry shows I got to 141 on the front straight. I disagreed with him on the +1 at the time but I've since modded the bike a little bit so i might have enough power to get faster overall without changing gears more often because of shorter gearing. I am now +1 on rear. Haven't even ridden the bike since the changes. Still working on it actually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.