Triumph 675 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Define "Chick Bike"??

4K views 55 replies 34 participants last post by  warpedreality 
#1 ·
..... (not the monster though as its a chicks bike)
I read this quote from Stabby on a different thread and it prompted the question.... Chick Bike, what exactly is a "Chick Bike"

1) A bike that only a "chick" would ride?
2) A bike that is ridden mostly by "chicks"?
3) A bike with higher than normal estrogen levels?
4) A bike that would be better if painted pink?
5) A bike that most male riders consider... Delicate?, Dainty?, Feminine?

I'm on the fence about how I should feel regarding the designation "chick bike". Is there some underlying, emasculative, or less than desirable aspect to a bike that makes is less appealing to men?

Should I be insulted?
Goodness, NO.

It's most likely just a stereotypical delineator between the average "real man's bike" and what most women prefer to ride. Although, that being said... most of the women I see riding are on the BACK of the bike. So, is a "chick bike" one with a comfy rear seat??

I don't ride on the back...I have my own bike...

I own a 2008 675 Special Edition... so, does that make the Special Edition a Chick Bike, or am I, like Kels and Paws (to name a few) just a rare breed of woman who can handle a "Man's Bike".

Let's face it, the world of motorcycling is dominated by men (which is perfect with me). And I have often heard men use the term "chick bike", so, what exactly makes a bike a chick bike? Just curious....
:grin:

See less See more
#13 ·
Here are a few bikes that have been termed "chick bikes" on various forums simply because women tended to buy more of them.

Kawasaki Ninja 250 (model years 1908-2007, I think the Ninja 250 has been around that long)
Suzuki SV650 (all model years)
Yamaha R6 (Pre 2003 model years)
Honda CBR F4/F4i
Interestingly, my first bike was a Ninja 250, my second was an SV650...

#14 ·
when i had my ducati monster s4 (not typically referred to as a chick bike), many people on the ducati forum referred to the entry level monster (now a the 695) as a chick bike. though stabby thinks all monsters are chick bikes!:raspberry::wink2:

though in my mind a chick bike is certainly anything my ass is on! :curtsey::rofl2:

and hear hear to a sport with mostly men around!!!:thumbsup:

julie

ps. sitting on side waiting for shahile's witty input!!!

#27 ·
No one said Rebel? Or an 883? Even a Savage? The Blast and 250 Ninja were mentioned; my wife's old Kawa 302(?) Limited was definitely made for shorter riders as well. I'd say chick bikes are short and underpowered, but I like the small stuff too.
Most of the time it's just an insult thrown from some dumbass on a Boss Hoss.

#28 ·
Well I am gonna get my girl either a ninja 250 or the sv650. I think Chick Bike is just meant for underpowered, lighter, cheaper bikes. There's a girl in HB with a Monster painted flat black with pink habiscus flowers all over it. Pretty cool I though.

I was gonna do the D675 black and pink, but pink parts are suprisingly hard to come by, gotta make them all. I'm sure that would have turned it into a "chick bike"

oh...sweet video posted earlier btw

#30 ·
If it is meant as an insult just give them a big middle finger... I believe statistics show that women riders are on the rise, there are awesome events catering to women such as the annual Femmoto track & dirt ride in Vegas every October (where I would like to send my wife, but we always seem to take a vacation somewhere else the same time)... My wife rides an 07 GSX-R 600 because it had the lowest seat height of all the middleweights, so if you want to look at it that way, it was designed from the factory to be a "chicks bike"... What she really wants is a Speed Triple... Not a Street a Speed, since she has the experience now to handle a bike that is taller... She has demod one twice and loves it, so eventually she will ride the Triumph Speed Triple "chick bike"...

#31 ·
Well ladies...if you picked a bike because it makes you look better when you are on it.....then it's a chicks bike. You should know that when us men see you on a bike you can barely reach the ground....and can't ride the thing fer shit.....we laugh our asses off at you. The only people you are impressing is other chicks. Which basically means that you girly girls have massive Lesbian tendancies. :coolgleamA:

#35 ·
Mmmm..CD, I look forward to seeing my wife's reaction when she reads your (I'm assuming somewhat tongue in cheek) response. She certainly doesn't fit your definition of the typical "chick rider."
She can reach the ground easily, she can ride very competently on the track and street...and well, frankly the 675 looks better when she sit's on it.
She isn't a girly girl, but I'll check with fingers crossed on the chances of her having lesbian tendancies...(AS has his camera at the ready:whistle:) :laugh:

A chicks bike, yeah, I heard the SV650 mentioned far too many times...mainly by men that bought Gixxer Thou's and wanted to look cool at bike nights. What was the most fun was showing the "real men" just what a "girls bike" could do in the turns, then seeing them all red faced when they knew they'd been discovered to only be able to ride fast in a straight line. :smilielol5:

A chick's bike? Any bike a chick happens to put her ass on. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.