Triumph 675 Forums banner

question on asking price

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bock919 
#1 ·
Mods, please feel free to delete if you don't feel this is the appropriate location for this post.

I have a 2007 Daytona track bike that has something wrong with the ignition. At least, that's what seems to be the problem. I got tired of troubleshooting, so I'm planning on just selling it as-is. It has a salvage title, and the engine idles clean. It's got a full low-mount Leo Vince stainless system, track plastics, track aluminum fairing stay, attack performance rearsets, woodcraft sliders, woodcraft timing cover, and captured rear wheel spacers. What seems like a fair asking price for this, assuming it would only be for parts or repair? I was thinking something around $2000 as a starting point, but maybe that's too much? I'm just looking for some guidance here so I don't look like an unrealistic jackass when I do post it. I don't want to get screwed either, though.

#2 ·
I know you said you were sick of troubleshooting but, you could always check and search bar the > repair/troubleshooting section < of the forums if you haven't already. Could save you some cash before letting it go as is. The community here is extremely helpful so, you might be surprised if you started a "need help" thread in the proper section...
..after you use the search function of course :wink3:

#3 ·
I do appreciate the tip, but I've actually already replaced it with a CBR. I've gotten a fair amount of use out of it already, and bought it for a pretty fair price and rebuilt it myself. At this point, I just want it out of my garage. You're probably right, I could likely get more out of it if it ran more cleanly, but I'm not too enthused about the prospect of spending more time and money just to get rid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.