Triumph 675 Forums banner

Carbon heatshield 13+

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  bel 
#1 ·
Just got this, had my recut heatshield duplicated in carbon by carbonfbr.com. Looks pretty cool with the carbon lowers i already had on .

See less See more
Reactions: bel
#9 ·
How did these carbon fibre lower pieces mount when your using an aftermarket exhaust? From the website it looks like the left hand side part mounts without any additional brackets but the right side... did that require any additional pieces or is it made to mount without the stock silencer?
I love how they look. Been looking for parts just like these for a while. Id buy a set if they are mountable without the stock silencer.

#11 · (Edited)
Yep left hand side get clamped into place by the lower fairing.

The right hand side has a bracket at the back and attaches the bolt at your ankle going into the frame. The front attaches to the same spot the OEM piece uses.

BOPZX6R could probably explain it better.

#12 ·
The bracket looks like this, as bel said it bolts to the frame and you use a oem clipnut on the other side + the oem bolts/washer/grommet.

I got it from AR, Bel includes a version of it in his kit i think.

#13 ·
That looks fantastic overall mate, very well done.

I'm trying to ignore the screams of protest from my bank account as I shop around for some more CF bits. I basically want to replace all the silver panels of my black D675R (already comes with CF cockpit infills and fenders)... and maybe a few other bits...

#18 ·
Sato Racing sliders. I don't think R&G makes sliders for the 2013+ model that stick further than the bodywork. I know they have sliders that go under the bodywork...I have them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.