Triumph 675 Forums banner

CO to CA and back..

5K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  07D675CO 
#1 ·
Just got back from a 12 day trip from CO to CA and back on the Streety.

Route was a loop through AZ to NV to LA then up the PCH (Hwy 1) to north of SF, then back through S. Lake Tahoe, NV and UT stopping to see the sights as we went.

The trip was about 3500 miles total. The longest day was ~500 miles.
The bike didn't miss a beat. (and was surprisingly comfortable).

I have a bunch of photos/videos, but need time to get them organized...

See less See more
#2 ·
Impressive. And great photo. Looking forward to seeing more photos from your trip. Im from so cal. And would like to eventually try a similar trip.

Maybe not on the D675... but I'm sure an STR would be perfect.

#4 ·
Awesome, well done. Looking forward to the pictures. So what was your top speed on the salt flats? :biggrinjester:

#6 ·
Jstu202 said:
So what was your top speed on the salt flats?:biggrinjester:
About 5mph :whistle: .. The surface was a bit mushy as it had rained recently & I didn't fancy calling the AAA to come dig me out!

I'm fortunate enough to live in Colorado, so I've seen most of the southern part of the state. I haven't ventured up north of Denver much - must remedy that next year.

We are definitely spoiled for choice when it comes to good roads round here. The "Million Dollar Highway" (550 between Ouray & Silverton) is one road to add to your bucket list for sure.

Anyway, here's a little snippet of video from Utah...

... and a photo from Arches National Park.
(If you look carefully there are people in the picture - gives an idea of the immense scale).

#11 · (Edited)
More pics it is then.. (in no particular order)

Shot up road signs, East of Elko, NV

Alarming road sign. Somewhere in UT.

Peacocks (hens?) checking out the bike. (I think they liked it).

For trips, I cover the gas tank with that clear book covering plastic stuff (not sure what it's called).
It protects the paint from my magnetic tank bag & peels off easily without damaging the paint as it isn't that sticky. You can buy it by the roll in Staples.

The Givi pannier bags are a bit small, but they can be mounted & removed from the rack in seconds (with a key).
They also make excellent crash protectors if you have a "senior moment" and manage to drop the bike at zero speed. (Don't ask).

En route to Las Vegas, trading war stories with a nice old gentleman who was on his way to Henderson, NV for a vintage motor show.
He said he'd love a sports bike but can't afford the tickets..

Riding down the main drag, Las Vegas, NV

Seligman, AZ.
We stayed mostly in KOA campsites - they tend to be pretty decent quality, not too expensive and, as they tend not to be in busy areas, the (bike) security is a lot better than say a motel.

S. Lake Tahoe.

Middlegate Station, Hwy 50, NV
This place kinda made me feel like I'd blundered onto a movie set.
Can't really describe it, you just need to go see it for yourself.
I had to grit my teeth and buy a splash of regular gas there as "America's Loneliest Highway" was giving me extreme range anxiety.

The Pacific.. Hwy 1, just north of Cambria,CA

#13 ·
How far north did you go past SF?

#18 ·
That's simply amazing. I'd love to do this! I did a Colorado to Illinois trip when I bought a bike out there by Pueblo and there's something amazing about racking up miles like that. Just man, machine, and the open road. Damn what a feeling.

Sent from my HTC One

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.