Triumph 675 Forums banner

US triumph675.net Lap Time Leaderboard

42K views 339 replies 63 participants last post by  the knuckle 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay everyone,
I don't know if anyone is interested in a spinoff of the Aussie lap time leaderboard, but I started a spreadsheet for the US guys. What better place to put it than the Track days section. I liked how Rorz setup his rules so I'll quote him from his thread:

It's not a super serious competitive thing, there are no sheep stations on the line so I'm happy to accept times that have been recorded with a stopwatch or onboard lap timer. However, if you are found to be giving dishonest times I will make sure the ridicule is as intense as it is long lasting.

If you can all use the following format so I can copy/paste into the spreadsheet that would be helpful. Please list the following information: Track: Winton, Phillip Island, etc. Date: Just month and year will do, if you can't remember have a guess. Bike- make, model and year of manufacture. Tyres: make, model and compound. Suspension: stock, revalved/resprung, ***********, Ohlins etc.

All makes of bike are welcome to be on the leaderboard. There is only one rule: No negative comments about other peoples lap times unless you personally know them and it's in jest. Other than that, go for gold! :nod:
If anyone is interested then please start listing your PB. I may not be able to update the spreadsheet daily, but will do my best every few days. The spreadsheet is ready. I just need to start adding some times from people.

I'll start and show an example

eg:

lokodog.......Autoclub Speedway.......8/18.......2007 Daytona 675.......Dunlop Q2 F&R.......stock front.......resprung rear.......1:47.467

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvIuHfORtE2NdHltU2NFekxxUnhRVldpZmI4aFJobWc#gid=0

#4 · (Edited)
Got them up! If you have dates for any of those that would be great. Let me know if the information is accurate. I'm guessing Dunlop NTEC UK, right?

i suggest picts of lap timer screens as proof of purchase :)
I'm all for it! I have a separate column for links in case somebody has a link to the proof. Those caught lying will be ridiculed to no end!

#11 ·
wavrdr - I missed your Daytona reference, but it's added now.

B Mo - You're in! Thanks

I know we've got more people out there with times. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are. I don't use a transponder to record my laps... I carry a calendar! LOL

My Autoclub Speedway time is far from competitive. Definitely not race worthy! I'm barely intermediate group at trackdays.

#13 · (Edited)
I will destroy Putnam next spring.

By my standards.

It's still gonna be slow.

Real talk: Only time I have on Putnam is from a year ago which was my first track day ever. I rode there and I think the quickest I got was 1:33.1. I'll get a timer again in the spring to see how much I've improved.

EDIT: I guess I should add, bone-stock 2009 (as far as engine and suspension goes) 675 with Pilot Road 2s. Road it in so it was in street mode with stuff taped up.

#16 ·
Damn dubguy, I was hoping you wouldn't chime in for a few days lol.

Knolly, you should def. come out with us to Putnam. Always fun to have .net members out on the track.

Wavrdr, I was just having some fun. I love Jennings and can't wait to get back there in March to see if I have improved my times. Hopefully under 1:21, if not, I will just be happy to be back on Jennings.

#29 · (Edited)
Nothing special, but:

Hokie.....NJMP Thunderbolt...9/10....1:39
.....NJMP Lightning...8/12....1:15

Using full seconds as I pulled it off of gopro video.
I'll take GoPro seconds! Any info on the bike? I put '08 SV650, but don't know about suspension or tires.

Whats this?? I dont count?? :(

I'll pathetically play.

This was the best I had of the times I remembered to hit the button using the lap timer built into the cluster. I may have something better but not much.

Putnam Park (4th track day ever and cold)... '11 Street Triple R...front respring and gold valve, rear resprung....Pilot Pures...rest is stock..... 1:36.84 following lap 1:36.88 (at least im consistant) :rofl:
Hey you're in 4th!

Assuming that is on the RD bike...

SLIGHTLY???
Yea I got his "slightly modified" in there. I should just place a link to the build thread under the Mods columnn! LOL

If anybody has dates for the times listed that would be great, but no biggie

#19 ·
Indy Ducati.. I'm not sure if they plan on doing the MCRA days again..

MCRA was a mess in my opinion... I know you have some ties there, but I was a control rider for there event in March or april whenever it was at putnam and it was AWFUL... Super packed, way dangerous, and they had the race school IN THE NOVICE CLASS.. Just dumb... I appreciate the fact they are trying to do a race series, but safety is my #1 concern on the track and that day was crazy.

Indy Ducati does them with Commonwealth and makes sure not to overfill the spots.. They charge a bit more (unless you pay months in advance) but they put a hard stop at a certain number for classes, and is rarely crowded.. Always a good time..

I'll probably be out at the MCRA days again control riding as long as they do it with Indy Ducati, but they need to quit being so money hungry and trying to let 65 people into 1 class like they had in the spring.. that shit was NUTS.

#30 · (Edited)
Okay everyone,
I don't know if anyone is interested in a spinoff of the Aussie lap time leaderboard, but I started a spreadsheet for the US guys. What better place to put it than the Track days section. I liked how Rorz setup his rules so I'll quote him from his thread:

If anyone is interested then please start listing your PB. I may not be able to update the spreadsheet daily, but will do my best every few days. The spreadsheet is ready. I just need to start adding some times from people.

I'll start and show an example

eg:

lokodog.......Autoclub Speedway.......8/18.......2007 Daytona 675.......Dunlop Q2 F&R.......stock front.......resprung rear.......1:47.467

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvIuHfORtE2NdHltU2NFekxxUnhRVldpZmI4aFJobWc#gid=0
Han Solo, Kesel Run, <12 parsecs, a long time ago, Millennium Falcon with hyper drive. Oh wait US only?? Shoot this was in a galaxy far far away :rofl2:

Lol sorry REALLY bored at work

#40 ·
I run Michelin Power Cup's. B compound rear, then when it getters really hot out I run C compound. On the front I run the VB compound. www.sportbiketireservice.com.

However, towards the end of the season I had 2 lowsides within a week of each other. I really think part of the reason was the point front tire profile along with the fucked up rake our bikes have. So, winter mods will include off set triples. Not sure from who yet.

#41 ·
Good to see you US lads have your own leaderboard now! Good on you lokodog for setting it up mate.

Maybe one of these days we can have a US vs Australia shootout!! The Aussie round at Phillip Island and perhaps the US round at Laguna Seca?? :laugh:

Ride safe and hard guys! If any of you want to see what you're up against in the shootout, here is a link to the OG... I mean Australian leaderboard.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54751

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EUxeEtrZklpcURiU0hwLVQ4T3h2VGc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

#42 ·
Phillip Island! :drool5: I'd love to try that track. We're getting started. I'm sure more people will eventually chime in. We're Americans... we tend to procrastinate. At least I do! lol

#45 ·
Do you have a date for that? Even just month/year if possible. Thanks. Aren't you Riverside or somewhere near there (remembering a thread after you fixed the bike about a no start issue; wrong harness)? I'm in Ontario.

Putnam sept,9,2012 1.26.858
Gateway Oct,14,2012 1.19.768
Barber Oct 21,2012 1.45s GoPro timing
Bike; 2007 graphite Daytona, RaceTech G3-s shock,20mm cartridges,Stock motor stage 2 Arrow, Triumph/Arrow tune,STM slipper clutch.
You have the 20mm cartridges or 25mm? What tires you runnin? Thanks

Board updated...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvIuHfORtE2NdHltU2NFekxxUnhRVldpZmI4aFJobWc#gid=0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.