Triumph 675 Forums banner

How to remove radiator cowl? 2015 ST3 RX

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  NoRegrets78 
#1 · (Edited)
OK let me start off by saying I am not super mechanically inclined, but with some basic help from forums and youtube I don't mind getting my hands dirty and figuring things out.

I am attempting to remove the radiator cowl to replace it. I was on the losing end of a small argument with a guardrail on some twisties.

So I have all the bolts removed, and was able to remove the red plastic cowl (The one with the RX sticker on it) and I discovered two plastic connectors holding the black plastic cowl to another piece which is connected directly to the radiator. These plastic connectors have a Phillips head on the top, but appear to be a push in type connector, similar to what you would find on the inside door panel of a car or truck. Those connectors usually require a special tool to pop them out, but it's pretty tight quarters in the area they are mounted. If I use a screwdriver the plastic pins turn endlessly with no signs of loosening. I've pulled hard enough on them that I don't feel comfortable pulling any harder for fear of breaking something.

Can anyone provide any insight on getting these buggers out? I was hoping to replace both of my front signals since I'm tearing the one side apart already.

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.