Triumph 675 Forums banner

Austin Racing Rant

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ssbfgc 
#1 ·
So I recently bought the Austin Racing GP2 for my '14 D675R. I love the look. I love the sound. But I'm having fitment issues, and the directions, well, they might have well not been included. That's how helpful they are. With as much as this exhaust costs, I would expect better. What the heck?!?!

The fitment issue is where it clamps to the header, it always has a little wiggle room. Doesn't matter how tight I clamp it. And that little bit of wiggle translates into the can hitting the swing arm. I do have the TRMN8TR moddified header, which could be the issue, but I'm going on day three of no response from him. Any other ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
Austin can't really be held responsible for the fit problems you're experiencing if you've got a modified header.

I haven't heard of anyone else running into this problem after TRMN8TR's work though. You could try shimming the header OD and bending the muffler bracket for clearance.

#3 ·
I'm going to bend the muffler bracket tonight to see if I can get the needed clearance. It is kind of a flimsy bracket though. I'll see what I can figure out.

#5 ·
yeah, let me get right on that, lol.

Anyway talked to trmn8tr. Where the slipon goes is the stock exhaust pipe. But I did some wiggling and clamp adjustments, bent the hanger a bit. I think it got it now.

#9 ·
It does sound amazing. And don't worry it took me almost a year to save up for it.

On a side note, took the bike for a spin last night, and the can moved again :yell: so we'll see what I can come up with this time.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.