Triumph 675 Forums banner

Track day videos, post them here

16K views 96 replies 35 participants last post by  stamatisx 
#1 ·
There's a picture thread, but no video thread. So, put up the videos you get from the track here. It can be an entire session/race or just clips of various things.

Here's 2 so far from Laguna this past weekend:

With MacBandit and MGFChapin

And video from The Ridge Motorsports park in May, note the instructor crashing on turn 3 on the first lap in front of me.

#11 ·
MacBandit was flying past me early in the day!!! I clearly remember that bike passing me thinking "wtf". Eventually I got into a good groove and starting moving out better.

Hey Hokie we've got a ton of pictures of you on my buddies facebook page. Not sure if you have a facebook acct.

One of your pictures looked like you almost rossi'd the corkscrew. Lol.

#30 ·
Damn Mac, you almost saved the bike too. Nice job on getting on the brakes when you were on that tiny portion of pavement.

Also, good example of how to safely re-enter the track.
Here's a bad example from the other day:

#28 ·
I actually contemplated trying to move down at the beginning of the day. I was pretty nervous and couldnt find a good rhythm. I was getting passed by a LOT of people. I settled in though and started to having some fun.

#29 ·
That guy on the RSV4 was riding like an inexperienced douche and trying to keep up with his buddy on the '15 R1. I guess I was moving at a pretty decent pace as he attempted to make some pretty interesting passes on me.

In any case I'm glad you're okay and it was great to meet you in addition to MFChapin and Hokie! :thumbup:

#31 ·
Growing up riding dirt saved me. You can't really tell from the video but the last time he hit me the rear actually kicked out into the dirt. That's why I gave up straightened out and ran off. If I had ABS it's possible I might have saved it but it's questionable. I know from experience on BMW enduros that I could stop in dirt faster with it off but you never know. I just dragged the rear the whole time and was feathering the front to lockup and back off as fast as I could. You can kind of see the bike dancing as I do that. Also watching the video it seems like I could have almost turned and made it near the end but I was still hauling at that point. When I hockey stopped it into the tires I hit hard enough to fully bottom the suspension front and read and then send myself over the tank bruising my pelvis in the tank. The bike was planted into the tires fully so it didn't tip past the stator cover which is all that hit the ground. His tire rubbed on my crash bars and his muffler scratched my forks. I think the results were pretty mild all things considered. It was a really poor pass that shouldn't have happened but I had been having problems with the quick shifter going into 4th and that little miss shift gave him what he needed. The sad thing was his braking point was way earlier then mine that's why he just sort of stopped and came into me. He was riding like I would brake early too. Then on top of it he had no reason to need to come over he was going so slow he could have entered tight and exited tight without any problems.

I took it to the track organizer before I got the video off my GoPro. That guy went and found the guy on the RSV4 and his friends and him told him that I ran into him. So he made a decision to not do anything. He apologized later after seeing the video.

#33 ·
Dijon-Prenois July 6th 2015

1st day at Dijon track, France in Expert group

best lap 1'31"3, optimal time of the day 1'26"5

2nd day I rode 2 laps and didn't have brakes anymore, no pressure in the lever :surprise:
disks and pads ok, no visible leaks, no air in the system (I bled the whole thing 2 times), I guess master cylinder piston seal is shot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.