Triumph 675 Forums banner

Safety Sticker Outlines On Tank

809 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  adrianm413 
#1 ·
My 2015 St3RX came with the safety stickers on the tank that if I recall correctly, at least one was describing engine RPM during break in.

When I removed the stickers there was a slight yellowy haze around the stickers as though the paint directly under the stickers was pristine and clean and some kind of residue outlined the area the stickers once covered. I tried typical things like car soap, and detailer spray. Nothing seemed to make any difference. And I didn't want to go too aggressive with chemicals or abrasive polishes for fear of ruining the awesome matte paint finish.

I had read of nothing but amazing reviews of the Honda Polish:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/08700-9203.jpg

And that it had since been discontinued but that there was now the exact same product being sold under a different brand name, Original Bike Spirits:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vVLkZu9vY.../p2j4RcCO9oQ/s1600/Original+Spray+Cleaner.jpg

Well, let's just say I drink the "Original Bike Spirits" kool aid. Took off the haze in seconds that I could not get off with multiple attempts with car wash and detailer spray. Left the matte finish paint looking awesome.

I use it on my Triumph and my 1100 Tuono. Basically I highly recommend it. I generally use it anytime I've washed the bike, or after I have used bug and tar remover for bug splatter between washings. It also removes bug splatter quite well actually, but I figure it's more cost effective to use the old bottle of bug and tar remover I have kicking around for bug splatter.

The $10 or so + tax I paid for the polish to get rid of the haze around the stickers was worth it alone. And now I've got the rest of the can to keep both bikes pristine.

So ya, if you're having paint haze issues around stickers you've removed, I highly recommend this product.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.