Triumph 675 Forums banner

Carbon Fiber parts

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Nastybutler 
#1 ·
Just got my carbon fiber parts in. Carbon Fiber tank sliders, mud guard, and Heel guard plate covers. Looks awesome so far. Haven't had a chance to put them on. Just moved to Hawaii so I'm waiting for my bike to get here. :bored:

Does anyone have anymore ideas for some carbon fiber parts, or some pics of their bike with carbon fiber parts. I'm trying to get some ideas to see what else I want.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
full carbon bodywork, carbon tank, carbon infills, carbon front fender, carbon case covers, carbon swingarm guard.

#6 · (Edited)
If it were me I would keep it light and tasteful. Carbon used as accents and not really the whole bike. Can you have too much carbon? It's all perspective. I for one think you can do accents but if you cross a certain threshold the bike looks unfinished unless you go all out. That's just me. There is no right or wrong answer.
If it were my bike fenders and inserts are just right. Basically any unpainted black/grey plastic with exception to the front fender is fair game for carbon in my book.

#7 ·
As a guy who had a complete carbon fiber bodyworked bike I can agree with RoxyStriple... You do a complete bike in carbon without some paint and graphics, the bike will look like CRAP!
Its about moderation, and making it pop but not pop, if that makes sense?

Cockpit infilles, front fender, rear hugger, exhaust heatshield, swingarm protectors, and gas tank sliders, is there i ended.. Only other touch would be a intake grill. Ok wheels if you wanting to really spice it up.

If you were to do carbon bodywork and paint Most of it, then without a doubt you can get a very amazing look.Here is my old zx6r, RIP.
http://www.superstreetbike.com/custom-bikes/2005-kawasaki-zx-6r-military-grade

#9 ·
Going through the same thing with my Panigale..
Front fender-
Under dash & Igntion trim
Gas tank sliders
Hugger
Exhaust heatshield.

So much more available but to what end?

Problem is that MOST of the stuff these days for my bike is matte carbon fiber.. Sending off my Ducati performance stuff off to get clearcoated.. the other big one, was black anodized titanium fasteners or Polished titanium?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.