Triumph 675 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyless ignition

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Ride to Freedom 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

could somebody please PM me with instructions for keyless ignition? It's been here several times, but the threads are dead. I have a 2012 Daytona R track only bike.

Thanks.

M.

#6 ·
Yep, forget about the woodcraft loom its just replacing wires with more wires without the key barrel. Not sure if the harnesses are the same as i've done it on my 08 model.

1 - Remove the key barrel
2 - Unplug from main harness
3 - Carefully extract all wires from the plug on the end of the key barrel except for 2 wires (I will PM you the colors)
4 - Cut the two wire back close to the plug leaving enough length to connect the two with a crimp connector or solder and heat shrink
4 - Bridge the two remaining wires
5 - Plug back into main harness

I did it this way so that the mod was 100% reversible without having to hack into the main harness. Also this way removes everything and there is no need for the woodcraft harness.

#13 ·
Yep, forget about the woodcraft loom its just replacing wires with more wires without the key barrel. Not sure if the harnesses are the same as i've done it on my 08 model.

1 - Remove the key barrel
2 - Unplug from main harness
3 - Carefully extract all wires from the plug on the end of the key barrel except for 2 wires (I will PM you the colors)
4 - Cut the two wire back close to the plug leaving enough length to connect the two with a crimp connector or solder and heat shrink
4 - Bridge the two remaining wires
5 - Plug back into main harness

I did it this way so that the mod was 100% reversible without having to hack into the main harness. Also this way removes everything and there is no need for the woodcraft harness.

Sorry to necro post, but would you be wiling to share the wire combo?

I assume the 2 you leave connected to the ignition switch are for the parking light? I would still use the key for that/steering lock

#19 ·
ya I got a 2010 675 that some puke stole on me he couldn’t get it started when he just distorted the key switch so i’m turning it into a track bike but i’m like you i want to remove all the BS wiring and just solder it would you have any diograms of how you did your 2012 they should pretty much be identical except i don’t have the coded key could you please let me know if you can walk me trough

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.