Triumph 675 Forums banner

EXUP - TuneECU or Replace?

Tags
exup
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  the knuckle 
#1 ·
So my 2010 D675 had the CEL (P1080) for the EXUP valve, so I read the various how-to's for the fix. I pulled the cover off the valve and it wasn't seized at all, so I started adjusting the cables (since apparently they stretch and can throw the code). I didn't have much luck adjusting the cables, since the CEL never went away. So figuring that I'd save myself some time and effort I took it into the Triumph dealer (an hour drive). Long story short, they pulled the code, decided it was a one-time fault, and cleared it. Then, surprise surprise, it came back like 2 hours later -_-

So now I'm trying to decide whether to take it back to them and hope they get it right the second time, or use TuneECU. My primary question is whether TuneECU is still a viable option. The website looks fairly sketchy. If it is viable, what sort of cable do I need for it?

#2 ·
Need an OBD2/USB cable...TuneECU is very easy to work with, plenty of info on their site or when searched.

Remove that useless valve, and use tuneECU and uncheck it in "Devices", that way the ECU doesn't look for it and wont throw a CEL.

Easy peasy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.