Triumph 675 Forums banner

Alcantara Seat: Pics and Review

10K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  grundspeed 
#1 ·
While looking for gear for my GF we stopped into the local triumph shop in Buffalo and on the wall was the Alcantara seat. I received a rolling of eyes from my significant other as she asked me if I spent enough on the bike this week... :whistle:

So when I got home...(with the seat of course) I took some photos to help everyone out. I took a 20 mile ride on it and can not say that the comfort level was life changing but it is better. I have not sat on a gel seat so I can't compare it to that. It is about 1/4th inch thicker from the stocker. Moving around the seat is not as smooth as the stock seat but i was wearing jeans today and would guess that with full leathers you should still slide back and forth without too much effort. I assume that most would keep there stocker and swap it out for track days anyhow.

It does look a lil bit odd with the passanger seat on but im sure with the seat cowl it will look so much better.

So…without further adieu; the "Alcantara" seat from triumph

Right: Stock Seat Left: Alcantara

Side Shoot with stock Seat

stock

Alcantara Seat

This is my first review on this site so if there is anything else you need let me know

j

See less See more
#5 ·
If there is anyone in the Rochester / Buffalo area with a gel seat id be more then willing to swap seats for a few miles to do a comparison.

j

#8 ·
hopefully they come out with a passenger one to match.

j

#11 ·
:rofl2:

yeah this is only good for racing, I dont see why u would have this using on the streets compared to a gel seat or low seat, as the grip is very strong, I remember sitting on one that was on a demo d675 bike, it grips onto ur jeans very tight and when slide to the left or right it can feel like ur damageing the suede material. :pout:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.