Triumph 675 Forums banner

Watsen Turn Signals Help

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gskidmor 
#1 ·
I received my new watsen turn signals a few days ago and I got them installed yesterday - on the left hand side, it's a massive pain. there's a metal grill that looks to be some type of electronics cooler and the old turn signal just screws in through a clip on a metal frame that attaches the cooler to the fairing. The Watsen won't work that way. I had to take the fairing off completely, remove the cooler and the metal frame it attaches too and drill a hole big enough for a standard 7mm socket to fit through.

Note that this is not the only way to get the nuts on the bolt to attach the watsen, but after struggling for a good hour, I went this way.

anyways, I have them installed but I've run in to a problem: the right turn signal works (kind of) - if I turn it on and off repeatedly, it will usually go on. If I turn the left turn signal on it doesn't work at all. The knee jerk reaction is to assume the watsen is broken, and it may very well be, but I've replaced the rear turn signals with rizomas when I installed the Werkes LTD fender eliminator and I didn't put on the resistors that Rizoma included. I'm wondering if this could be related or if it's unrelated and it's just the watsen that's broken.

See less See more
#2 ·
thats exactly what i did to get my left side on. But try swapping the left light with the right side just to test if the lights are broken. When you do, and its still not flashing, then looks like the light is bad. If the Rizomas are LED, then you will definitely need to install the resistors too.

#3 ·
I figured I would post a pic because I suspect there's going to be a lot of others trying to figure out how to get it to work. I tried as long as I could to get it on without modifying anything, but my fingers were too big and my 8 year old daughter wasn't willing to help ;-)

Anyways, I've attached a pic of the rear turn signals, and yes, they are LED's also! I guess I can head out now and experiment around - I don't really want to take it all apart to test this out, but I really have little choice at this point anyways!

Thanks - i suspected it was likely related to resistors as I didn't use them with the rear and even the front right which generally works by default won't work if I go switch the turn signals on from left to right. I have to turn them off, wait a second, and then turn on the right which screamed to me resistance/electrical vs something being broken.

#4 ·
You don't need resistors. I have a 2013 675r and installed some module that sends the correct signal even if you have LEDs. I'm running Watsen's in the front and custom LEDs in the rear with no issue. It's on this forum somewhere.

On a side note... I did not have to cut or drill anything to install the Watsen LEDs. It was a while ago, but I think the metal part you're talking about just flipped up or popped out so you could install it directly.

Anyway, good luck! I know how frustrating it is when things don't work at first.

#5 ·
That metal piece does flip up and down easily, but there's a stud on the watsen turn signal that goes through and I couldn't thread the 7mm nut on that stud with that metal piece there. As soon as I drilled that hole, I was able to put a deep socket through and thread it on that way within seconds!

It's definitely not the only way to do it, but it was surely the easiest (for me)! I fiddled with it as stock for about an hour before just breaking down and drilling the hole.

It turns out the signal was bad. I tested it out on the other side and in the other places and it just didn't work. Watsen was very quick in sending a replacement!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.