Triumph 675 Forums banner

Looking to buy - rough price range?

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  j_klemz 
#1 ·
Hello all. I've been out if the saddle for a few years and am finally in the position to get back on. Previously started on a ninja 650, then a 600rr, then an R6 for a few years. I've always yearned for a 675, but from scouring Craigslist it's been tough to judge what is and isn't a good price.

I'm primarily looking for a 13+ (although I am partial to the old looks and color schemes and am not counting the previous model out if I find a great deal). I'm fully aware the R version is amazing, but as I won't be able to go to the track that often I'm not sold on paying that premium. I'm in the Philadelphia area. I've been seeing 7.5-9k for 2013 bikes with a couple thousand on them, but otherwise very clean. One dealer has a new 14 for 8.5k.

What do you guys think of those ranges? Especially in winter. Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Sounds about right. See if you can get the '14 for $8k and you have a good bargain! Even if it's a few hundred more than used, you get the piece of mind that it hasn't been abused and a 2 year warranty! I agree on your thoughts about the R. Not necessary if you're not a track junkie. Plus you can get better colors with the non R. Don't let others persuade you for the R - the majority can't even ride a non R to 50% of its potential. Good luck in your search!

#9 ·
It doesn't look like the dealer will budge, would be like 9.3k out the door. I've also found two other options:

1. a 2011 blue/white SE for $6900. I absolutely love the paint scheme on these things. However it has nearly 12k miles on it.

2. a 2013 for $7500. Just around 6k miles.

Both seem to be in immaculate condition. Any thoughts?

#11 ·
i have a 2011 with 26k on it and it runs like a top. dont let high miles discourage you. for a little more to get a 3rd gen, snatch that up if you can. the 2011 SE color scheme is pretty bad ass though. the blue frame is awesome.

#12 ·
Yeah it's definitely a battle of head vs heart. I've always wanted an SE, but it's hard to ignore the 13+ improvements. At the very least, assuming both of these bikes are in excellent condition, would you guys take the new 2015 off the table? It'll be at least 2k more expensive than either of these and I've never bought new before.

#14 ·
My gripe with new bikes is the big depreciation hit you take as soon as you ride it off the lot. With Triumph unloading new bikes so cheaply though, that's not really an issue. You could probably sell it for 9-9500 in the spring, so if it's within your budget, you shouldn't cross it off yet. The 15 also has some additional reliability improvements over a 13 that are worth a couple hundred, not to mention the full 2 year warranty.

#13 · (Edited)
Don't forget the R version comes with quick shifter which elevates the fun dramatically !! this plus the awesome brembo brakes in addition to the ohlins top shelf suspension front and back.

Seems to me the best value approach is a pre-owned R model not the base one.

Oh ... and you can have my 2015 R with 7500 fun but not overly stressed miles and fairly new tires (metzeler m 7rrs) for $9K out the door plus its still under original factory warranty :)

All service done at dealer where i bought it (which includes a bonus 3K oil change) which is motorcycles of dulles. Also recently had brake flush at 6K service.

i'm in Arlington VA and am headed down the v4 path very soon for a change of pace which is the only reason bike is for sale-it has been completely reliable and without any problems, leaks, or any issues.

it does have the speedymoto adjustable clips ons and omni bars for a 2 inch rise in position for better ergos as well as the triumph rear cowl and fork guards, frame sliders, and rear bobbins installed...all triumph. original seat in hand as well as OEM clip ons

#16 ·
Yea I've crossed the 2011 SE off, I highly suspect it was raced and the owner doesn't have the service records. The owner of the 2013 seems very responsible, has the paperwork, and babied it. I think if I can get him down to $7000 (asking $7500) I might pull the trigger. Seems like a pretty fair deal.

#18 ·
Think I've made my decision - just would like some confirmation (or warning) that it is a fair deal.

$7,200

2013 Daytona 675 ABS (white/blue)

6k miles
No damage, body or otherwise. Never been down.
All stock except fender eliminator, spools, and frame, tank, tail sliders
Comes with front and rear stands, triumph saddlebag
New tires
and all service records -- seller is original owner.

Thanks guys!

#21 ·
Sounds like a good deal.

you might want to peruse the known problem/issue sticky thread for '13-'14s and make sure you are comfortable with how the bike's service history and condition match up with the list. i believe most problems were just making sure screws and such were properly tight.

But yeah that does sound like a good purchase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.