Triumph 675 Forums banner

New full exhaust coming from Competition Werkes

11K views 64 replies 18 participants last post by  GraphiteGold 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: pics and videos complete on page 5
I just called Competition Werkes asking if they had a slip on for the 13+ Daytona 675 with the new style mufflers. The woman said I believe we have something in the works she took my email and said give me a few minutes I will shoot you over a email. I just received the email apparently they designed a new full system at the price of $999.95. This is news to me as I been exhaust shopping for a few months and will be up on their website later today listed as a race exhaust.

See less See more
#7 ·
CW only does stainless so no surprise there. It's thin and light though but not so thin it's weak. It's never going to be as light as titanium but it's definitely going to be lighter than stock. CW is loud as shit though. I wouldn't run it for an exclusively street bike. Though it sounds good.

#17 ·
I have a PCV on my '14 D675R. It comes with an O2 optimizer, so no need for a factory O2 bung.

#22 · (Edited)
Update* The exhaust got delivered tonight not til around 7:30 p.m though do to the storm yesterday. Let me start out by saying wow this thing is light I couldn't believe everything was in the box. I installed it tonight and the fitment was spot on. The only part that took a little persuasion was the midpipe side the header automatically wants to spring up since the whole exhaust only bolt to the head and rearset. The hardest part had to be getting the lower rad mount back on since its so close to the header I just loosened it on the motor side and put it in. everything clears no issues with rubbing anywhere. Now on to the fun stuff HOLY F**KING SH*T this thing is loud. By the time I got to where my bike is stored and got it all installed it was after midnight so I only ran it for a little bit. It sounds awesome and will definitely scream at WOT. I had the bike on the rear stand so I ran through some gears using the quick shifter up to about 5k rpm and it pops and shoots flames through 1st-3rd just like my s1000rr used to with the AR exhaust. Right now the bike is only on the full arrow map. No sound clips as of tonight didn't want the cops showing up since it wasn't very neighborhood friendly at midnight. Once I get back up to where my bike is stored which is at a buddies house 45 mins away I will install the PCV, put all the plastics and watsens on, load the full hindle tune until I get dyno tuned than I will get you guys some pictures and videos of it.

#28 ·
I noticed they have silencers listed on their site, though no mention of if they fit the full race exhaust. I'd definitely look at modifying the silencer if it sounds shit/cuts too much power.
I'd imagine that would be more of an issue with the slipons though

Gp race exhaust has no baffle to in it. It is listed for off road use only but thats not happening.
Yeah, track/off road use only... hahaha
That said some tracks have sound limits as well.

#32 ·
Any updates on this? Just picked up a new 2015 on Friday and am considering the Comp Werkes. I am a little hesitant though, given my previous bike (Speed Triple) came with a Comp Werkes slip-on and it was loud as hell.

If you have a chance to post some pics that would be great since the pics on the Comp Werkes site don't include the lower panels.

#35 ·
I contacted Competition Werkes to see if they had dyno charts and they said they don't release dyno charts, which I find strange.
They claim torque and power improvements throughout the range yet they don't want to show it. So now I'm even more curious to see what sort of numbers and torque curve people get.

That's basically the only thing holding me back from buying the full system. It's going to work out to around $1600 Australian, which to me could be worth it depending on power delivery. Though I'm now likely to just get the cat cut out of my stock header and just run a straight pipe with the Arrow slipon and put the savings toward a Bazzaz Z-AFM to go with the Z-Fi.

Looking forward to seeing the results from those guys that install it. It certainly looks awesome and hopefully we see some flames!

#37 · (Edited)
You are correct to find that to be strange. I called them a couple of weeks ago after reading this thread and asked for the chart. They sent it to me without any questions. The gains do seem minimal; about +2 hp and +1.5 lb/ft. They did mention they used a "mild" tune. I must say I am not exactly sure what a mild tune means in this case. Furthermore, I believe the bike did not have any other aftermarket parts, not even a high-flow air filter. The bike put on the dyno is the bike you see in the pics which was apparently previously wrecked.

On a side note, what would be the advantage of aftermarket stainless headers (aside from looks) compared to having a cat-delete on the stock header as is done by one of the members on this board? Are they really that much lighter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.