Triumph 675 Forums banner

2017 Street Triple 765 models ?

48K views 170 replies 42 participants last post by  Hooligaz675 
#1 · (Edited)
Triumph released a new teaser video few hrs ago:

It looks like the all new 2017 Street Triple 765 RS to me. With the new HD TFT instrument panel and all...
So guess Triumph will announce the new ST models on January 10th. What do you guys think ?

#11 ·
I am also looking forward to this bike but somehow i fear i will buy it - i just bought my 15' Street Triple R ABS for quite some money and already invested around 700 euros.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Well I'm really curious on the final design (especially the RS) but this doesn't mean that I'm going to sell my Hooligaz anytime soon. Besides I never buy a first gen bike.

#5 ·
This is the bike that I have been waiting for.......... But is a little late, since I went the MV route.
There is no hard evidence this is the new 765 Street Triple, but who ever thinks it's not hasn't been paying attention.
There is room in my stable,............ :laugh2:

#21 ·
Pretty sure Triumph went to a 765cc to make Euro4 emissions and still have decent power. It's also possible the bike won't have much more power than the outgoing 675 due to this fact. The FZ-09 is Euro4 compliant and it makes 115hp. That's only about 10% more hp than the existing 675, yet the Fizzer has 25% more displacement. Now, there's more to power than just displacement, but given that they're both triples in the same class of bike lends a decent comparison. People still want a powerful bike, and stricter emissions requirements require manufacturers to up the displacement to maintain similar power.

#24 ·
Earlier in the year when the rumors were floating around....... there are to be 4 versions a base model making 110 HP, R making 115 HP, a RT model, more geared toward touring making 125 HP and a top of the line, geared more for track making 125 HP.
That sort of makes sense, since the 675 motor is not Euro 4 compliant, the Daytona may be dropped at least for a while, the RS model would fill the void to some degree and compete with MV's Brutale 800 RR. The RT model could compete with MV's Turismo Veloce and BMW's F800GT the R model would be a premium at a more affordable price and the base would be competitive with the FZ09 price point.
So ad a café style, ADV style, a scrambler and Dragster style and Triumph has covered it all, similar to the expanded Bonneville line up.

#26 ·
I actually like the digital gauge. If you are going to change a bike that's been this good for so long, you mighty as well go for broke. Judging by the spy pics of the styling, that may not be the case. Maybe they use the 675 engine for an insane scrambler/flat track/enduro that doesn't weigh 500+ lbs... am a right?

#27 ·
Yes there were 4 models in the survey that Triumph sent out last year and also shared by MCN:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2015/july/street-triple-800-on-the-way/

If the latest rumors in 2016 are true releasing a 765 version as an upgrade to 675 doesn't sound right IMHO. It sounds confusing to begin with.

And why not 798 like the Brutale and call it the Street Triple 800?
They can even squeeze more bhp and torque with larger displacement just like the Brutale.

But then again who'd purchase the 140bhp Speed Triple if there's a lighter Street Triple around with similar power figures. So guessing Triumph will make some compromises on the Street Triple for the sake of Speed Triple.

#28 ·
Yes there were 4 models in the survey that Triumph sent out last year and also shared by MCN:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2015/july/street-triple-800-on-the-way/

If the latest rumors in 2016 are true releasing a 765 version as an upgrade to 675 doesn't sound right IMHO. It sounds confusing to begin with.

And why not 798 like the Brutale and call it the Street Triple 800?
They can even squeeze more bhp and torque with larger displacement just like the Brutale.

But then again who'd purchase the 140bhp Speed Triple if there's a lighter Street Triple around with similar power figures. So guessing Triumph will make some compromises on the Street Triple for the sake of Speed Triple.
My thoughts too. Triumph has to come with a bike making more power than the current 675 so they can generate interest in upgrading (and hence revenue) but not too much so that it would start competing with the speed triple. Given that current Streetie is about 105 HP and Speedie is about 140, the rumored 125 HP would sit smack in the middle and it would seem like a good compromise given the two goals above. However, if that is what the new engine is gonna make, better be as light as the old street triple, because with a daytona camshft and a retune, my 2014 Street makes at least 106 at the wheel, which with a 15% loss translates into 120+ at the crankshaft. If new Street is sensibly heavier (and it might be, with larger engine and such), my old model wins in my eyes.

#32 ·
Go to to see they are bringing the M50 monoblocks out on this bike.. Curious if they will have Big Piston forks as well?
Should be a good fun bike!

#40 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.