Triumph 675 Forums banner

JRi MC/10 shock for 13'+ Daytona

2K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  *GT* 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm selling a brand new never mounted Jri triple adjustable piggyback shock for 13'+ Daytona's. It may fit older models but I'm not sure. I bought the shock when I purchased the race bike but my local suspension guy would prefer a different package. The shock comes with a #550 spring and all of the tools and mounting hardware you need. If you're looking to transform your Daytona then this is the shock. If you do your research you'll see that this is a top shelf shock that lists for $1399.00.

I am selling for $900 shipped (Within CONUS)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I purchased the shock with the bike but it wasn't mounted. My local suspension guy doesn't work with JRi so I never bothered setting it up for my weight. Unfortunately I don't have a spec sheet for the current setup.
If it doesn't sell soon I'm just going to keep it and send it to Computrack for setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Well, it was set up for someone's weight. There is some kind of valving in there. If you got it from that guy, you should be able to ask him what he put in there. This is important information for me, or anyody, who's going to buy that shock, because I need to know if I'm going to have to have it revolved or not to match my weight and riding style. I'm interested, but I need to know this...

#6 ·
The seller weighed no more than 170. I'm not going to contact him because I have a sneaking suspicion that he has no idea. He didn't seem to know much about the bike in the first place. Sorry man, selling "as is" per the description. I'm leaning towards keeping it anyway.

#7 ·
The seller weighed no more than 170. I'm not going to contact him because I have a sneaking suspicion that he has no idea. He didn't seem to know much about the bike in the first place. Sorry man, selling "as is" per the description. I'm leaning towards keeping it anyway.

Ok. Then you might want to unlist it if it isn't for sale.

#10 ·
No problem man. Honestly...sorry I don't have more info for you. I just know it may or may not be accurate coming from the original seller. I don't he had the bike for very long before he posted it for sale. I found the original owner/builder and that's how I learned about the overall build specs.

#11 ·
All good. (I was actually teasing and just trying to be a pain in the ass about the "as is" part. You didn't actually write that, and I was pointing it out, lol.)

The deal is this: I will already need to buy a new spring for this shock. There's a 90 bucks. If I have to get it revalved, it will probably cost just as much to do that as me getting a brand new one built from scratch to my spec. This issue will probably not be unique to me. Any other buyer is going to need to know this information at some point; either you figuring out what the specs are, and sharing, or them paying you less for the shocc to take on the risk of having to potentially revalve it themselves. You dig?

And if it comes with a 550 spring, my guess is he's much lighter than 170 pounds, like I noted before. Faster guys who weigh 170ish (no gear) are recommended to use 625 spring. That's what I run on these things. And I weigh 165 without gear. Which just leaves to my suspicion that this thing is valved for someone much lighter. Or perhaps same size but slower. (I ran a 575 spring for a while. Then went to 600. Then got to 625 as a top 3 novice racer.

#12 ·
Oh, you're a funny guy? I guess didn't pick up on that. I completely understand your concerns; however, we both know that plenty of riders will be content with simply replacing the spring (if need be) and tuning it from there. Based on the spring rate it isn't difficult to calculate the approximate weight of the intended rider. Proper spring rate, sag, and maybe some ride height adjustment is a good place to start for most. I'll worry about the internals when I get real fast like you.

Unrelated to this jackassery I've decided to keep the shock. My local shop said I'd be an idiot to sell it.

No longer for sale. Thanks for trolling.

#13 ·
You do realize that shock is completely junk and will only harm you and your times. The only way to remedy this problem is to get a new shock. I'll do you a solid for the sake of your lap times and possible wins with a new shock I will buy your JRi. You should have my email address if not pm me back.

#15 ·
Ya I figured can't say I didn't try. Good luck with the bike and let me know how it works out. What tracks are you doing? I'm assuming you're racing, what series's and how long have you been racing?
I talked with my tuner and he had raved about that shock. As of last year our top rider in Loulden "LRRS" guy Scott Greenwood uses it in his R6. He put down his fastest laps almost immediately after install.

#16 ·
I'm sooooo glad that I didn't sell it to you. When the shop mounted the shock the rebound didn't work AT ALL. We sent the shock to Thermosman to sort it out and it turns the shock came from the factory with a defective valve. Thermosman said he's received several with the same issue. Must have been a bad batch. I would have been mortified if I had sold you that shock. It's all set now and ready for pick up tomorrow.

I'm still a giant nobody in the racing world. I plan on testing the waters this season and then I'll decide whether or not racing is even feasible. If I do race it will be with CCS Midwest.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.