Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#194 ·
Would have to opt for the 3 rail combo deal... so when i only want to take one bike out...
Might have to make a box for gear that can be put on and taken off, as i love to have multiple sets so i can stay color coordinated :curtsey:

Another choice for NEW!
http://theusatrailerstore.com/the-trinity-3-rail-motorcycle-trailer-mt3.html

figure slap on a pitbull restraint system and you are GOLDEN!

#195 ·
#196 · (Edited)
Good find on that Trinity. IN fact, I think that is EXACTLY what I borrowed before instead of a Kendon. The ramps (and everything else) look the same.
**Edit - never mind, I just read that the trinity does not fold and stand up. I have no where outside to store it and I don't want to wast a whole garage bay on a trailer. But I wonder if you could put castors on it like the Kendon and make it stand up. I haven't found any pics of it standing up so I don't think it can

#198 · (Edited)
Maybe, but I already have the hardtop to my sons Jeep hanging from the ceiling, along with a 20ft extension ladder hanging over my wifes car. My car has the opening access to the attic above it so I can't block that. The third bay is where I work on stuff an park the Striple so I need the flourescent lights and the hanging reel light/cord. It might be doable though. It IS a lit cheaper. I can't help but wonder if you could rig up something under it to stand it on end.
Like I made a a frame on castors for the Jeep roof before I hung it up.
Here's the man cave back when it was cleaned up and not so full of clutter like it is now. It needs an overhaul.

#199 ·
Maybe, but I already have the hardtop to my sons Jeep hanging from the ceiling, along with a 20ft extension ladder hanging over my wifes car. My car has the opening access to the attic above it so I can't block that. The third bay is where I work on stuff an park the Striple so I need the flourescent lights and the hanging reel light/cord. It might be doable though. It IS a lit cheaper. I can't help but wonder if you could rig up something under it to stand it on end.
Like I made a a frame on castors for the Jeep roof before I hung it up.
Here's the man cave back when it was cleaned up and not so full of clutter like it is now. It needs an overhaul.
DAMN YOU RICH MOFO'S!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2:

#205 ·
Still looks good though!

Have some finishing touches to do on my man cave when i get back home.. Especially now that i am finally happy with the layout i went with.. but 3 car garage would be perfect!... or a extra big ass one like ardell's..
Detached garage/man cave HMMMMMM.

#206 ·
I just called Trinity Trailers (I don't feel like working today because I was out late and hung over so I'm goofing off) :biggrinjester:
They said the trailer can not stand upright because the fenders and lights would hit the ground. But I could make a cradle on castors for it to sit on that would keep the fenders off the ground. They confirmed it will support it's own weight if it isn't sitting on the fenders.
Shipping to Oklahoma is $406:pout: which starts putting the price on up there. A used Kendon might be a better way to go but those can be hard to find and this is still a good alternative. Now I just need to find someone local to go in on it with me. I've got one person thinking about it

#211 ·
Went out to get the mail and took some current pics. Garage isn't nearly in as good a shape as it used to be. Once the hard top goes out for the winter, I'll repaint that back corner and start getting the walls in better shape and get some stuff off the floor.
Car is my company car, that I used to be able to drive all I wanted, now they tax the crap out of me if I put more than 3200 personal miles a year on it. So it sits.

Attachments

#214 ·
(mo-ok-kan-ar) strikes again!

This morning surgical strike to EUREKA SPRINGS!

As my one friend would say, the usual suspects :grouphug2:

Ardell & Myself.. gues we should of posted this up.. OOPS!
Pics to follow.

#216 ·
Well if i decide to slip in to the full leathers, full frontal assault!
decision time is here, Guns N Roses jamming, full leathers it is, since i dont think we will be doing much tourist shit..:headbang:

#217 · (Edited)
I hope you guys know about AR221 between Berryville and Eureka Springs. Also known a "Racetrack Road".
It's a 'must visit' if you are in the area. Its a short road but excellent curves and very little traffic because it doesn't really go anywhere.

http://goo.gl/maps/8AZN2

If you are going Westbound on it, be careful. At the end you will go down a long valley and back up the other side, you turn right at the top on county road 302. If you don't know that and keep flying through, the road very quickly becomes gravel just beyond the crest of the hill.

221 is Racetrack road and County Road 302 is just scenic. Not really a fast road.

#219 ·
Well since it didnt happen :thumbup:.... JUST KIdding...

The morning started out great, full leathers, neck gaitor on ripping on interstate 44.... all was good till i headed south on 65, when i was abruptly stopped by enemy forces (MO STATE TROOPER)... FML:whistle:
Needless to say, the oregon plates, doing 77 in a 70 (wasnt the only one), and hell maybe he was suprised i was not some 20 something year old.
One NON written warning later, ARDELL & I are having some MC'D's and then off!

The pics will tell some fo the tale, but great day of riding.

#220 ·
I Just want to personally thank ARDELL, for all the time you took off from work to accomadate me for some rides, and TOM know we didnt ride at the Raid, but a couple weeks ago was just awesome hanging out and doing some riding, in what turned out to be one of my favorite riding days EVER.
OK we have Brett for the one ride, and Stefan for giving me some motivation to ride above 70% but in general all the MOKANAR guys have been awesome..

Look FWD to be out here in April for the 2013 RAID, and well for sure to bring 2 bikes!... maybe i will let a certain someone ride the Godsend of 2005 zx6r's?:bowdown:

#229 ·
I Just want to personally thank ARDELL, for all the time you took off from work to accomadate me for some rides, and TOM know we didnt ride at the Raid, but a couple weeks ago was just awesome hanging out and doing some riding, in what turned out to be one of my favorite riding days EVER.
OK we have Brett for the one ride, and Stefan for giving me some motivation to ride above 70% but in general all the MOKANAR guys have been awesome..

Look FWD to be out here in April for the 2013 RAID, and well for sure to bring 2 bikes!... maybe i will let a certain someone ride the Godsend of 2005 zx6r's?:bowdown:
Stop it man, you're making me tear up:tears: We'll see you at the Rat Raid.:thumbup:
I might be contacting you for hookup on rebuilding the front forks......or I might just buy a trailer instead so its easier for me to get over there and ride more often. Maybe I'll grab an extra vacation day to stretch it out another day next time.
ANd yes, I do ride quite a bit faster, but if there is any kind of moisture on the road, I am a big PUSS

#222 ·
I let Ardell lead the way being i haev no clue where i am going... last time it was tom saying stop here we will catch up!!!!
but shit Ardell was getting it, i was like shit did he attend some track school in the last week?
are the new tires allowing him to take a proper line?
his speed is up, WTF?

But as i found out, he was trying to scrub in his tires!:cool2:

#226 · (Edited)
Come on out for the rat raid in april then?..... not to be a dick but please tell you werent at that DOUCHE BAG ass million bike march shit in st. louis, or whatever they call it?
had to edit as the homosexuals should not be classified with these people who did this so called ride.

#227 ·
Great day to ride today! :thumbup: JD and I had a great ride and meal at the "Cathouse" restaurant in Eureka Springs, Ark. As you'all can see - got in a few photo ops as well.

Tom - I thought about running "Racetrack Road", but I knew we would get caught out in the dark if we tried it. I got home about 5:30 and JD probably was in the dark by the time he got home - at least he was on the interstate. Maybe we can work it in come April? I think the seeds have been firmly planted for a strong 675 flavor at future RAT Raids.

Brett - you better get a bike, lol! (And a job that let's you be off on the weekend). We got a lot of riding to do. :nod:

JD - It's been an absolute pleasure to ride with you bud - wish you didn't have to go! Even though you are going AWOL on us, forever consider yourself part of our group. :grouphug: Thanks again for helping me get my front-end set up and for all the riding tips - I know I picked up a lot of valuable info from you! :thumbup:

#230 ·
You guys rock!

If you need any services or suspension work let me know.... Hell in April i will bring out my suspension measuring stuff and we get this done before hand?

Kendon trailer is on my hitlist, or the one i posted,... but need a 2 bike transport... and TOM be ready for the ride fo a lifetime, with my 674!

#232 ·
This may be the tightest knit group on here, yet no sub forum...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Hell no, no subforum for this thread... 20+ pages and counting and people who actually ride and continue to post rides and events... nonsense i tell you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.