Triumph 675 Forums banner

US triumph675.net Lap Time Leaderboard

42K views 339 replies 63 participants last post by  the knuckle 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay everyone,
I don't know if anyone is interested in a spinoff of the Aussie lap time leaderboard, but I started a spreadsheet for the US guys. What better place to put it than the Track days section. I liked how Rorz setup his rules so I'll quote him from his thread:

It's not a super serious competitive thing, there are no sheep stations on the line so I'm happy to accept times that have been recorded with a stopwatch or onboard lap timer. However, if you are found to be giving dishonest times I will make sure the ridicule is as intense as it is long lasting.

If you can all use the following format so I can copy/paste into the spreadsheet that would be helpful. Please list the following information: Track: Winton, Phillip Island, etc. Date: Just month and year will do, if you can't remember have a guess. Bike- make, model and year of manufacture. Tyres: make, model and compound. Suspension: stock, revalved/resprung, ***********, Ohlins etc.

All makes of bike are welcome to be on the leaderboard. There is only one rule: No negative comments about other peoples lap times unless you personally know them and it's in jest. Other than that, go for gold! :nod:
If anyone is interested then please start listing your PB. I may not be able to update the spreadsheet daily, but will do my best every few days. The spreadsheet is ready. I just need to start adding some times from people.

I'll start and show an example

eg:

lokodog.......Autoclub Speedway.......8/18.......2007 Daytona 675.......Dunlop Q2 F&R.......stock front.......resprung rear.......1:47.467

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvIuHfORtE2NdHltU2NFekxxUnhRVldpZmI4aFJobWc#gid=0

#248 ·
I no longer have documentation, but I've been doing this a long time, and have no reason to bullshit my times.

125GP times

NHMS (Loudon) 1:16.4 racing with LRRS
Beaver Run 1.04.xx qualifying with USGPRU
NYST 1.40.00 just goofing around on a friend's bike
NJMP Thunderbolt 1:36.xx goofin on friends bike

KTM 690 SMC times

NHMS 1.20.0 instructing with TTD
NYST Uptown 1.40.2
NYST Downtown 1.40.6
NJMP Thunderbolt 1:36.xx

Daytona 675 times

NHMS 1.18.xx chasing a fast customer around
NYST 1:35.xx chasing that same guy
Thompson Speedway (no times yet, stay tuned! although laptimes might not be smart at this track)

#253 ·
I no longer have documentation, but I've been doing this a long time, and have no reason to bullshit my times.

125GP times

NHMS (Loudon) 1:16.4 racing with LRRS
Beaver Run 1.04.xx qualifying with USGPRU
NYST 1.40.00 just goofing around on a friend's bike
NJMP Thunderbolt 1:36.xx goofin on friends bike

KTM 690 SMC times

NHMS 1.20.0 instructing with TTD
NYST Uptown 1.40.2
NYST Downtown 1.40.6
NJMP Thunderbolt 1:36.xx

Daytona 675 times

NHMS 1.18.xx chasing a fast customer around
NYST 1:35.xx chasing that same guy
Thompson Speedway (no times yet, stay tuned! although laptimes might not be smart at this track)
No ones policing the times. If somebody is caught lying then ridicule will follow as punishment! lol. Do you know what direction NYST was on the 675 and 125GP?

Damn you guys have some really quick times. I just did 2:00.xx at NYST earlier today for my first track day ever. I would love to one day be in the 1:40s
You'll get there if you stick to it. Welcome to the addiction. It gets expensive... lol. What direction did you run?

#249 ·
Set a new personal best yesterday(on any bike that I've got a recorded time for) and definitely the fastest I've taken the 675 around... With plenty of room for more improvement!

Thunderhill Raceway (California) HoneyBadger 2007 675 Pirelli Supercorsas, sc1F, sc2R stock suspension 2:11:700

#251 ·
2:00 is where most of our customers start out on that track. Riding on a track is a very different world from the street. THere are very few skills that cross over.

Once you have some track time, these skills will benefit your street riding though. In most cases they will slow you down out there. As your situational awareness goes up, you will realize that it's not worth the risk to push in the street environment.

Have fun, and getting into the 1:40s is a great goal! That's where the fun really starts.

#256 ·
I can update my own time - did a 2:09.43 recorded this past weekend at Thunderhill. Nothing else changed :smile:

#262 ·
Skidmark snagged the 1:30. It seemed to be a one lap wonder. Not sure if it was a blip in his timer or not.

Aaron on the black RSV4 was in the 34/33s, and I was running right around 35 flat. The dude on the R1 claims a 31 of some sort, but runs 33s mostly.

#265 ·
Yeah, me too. I have nothing to verify it with other than his timer. I didn't really notice anyone going as fast as Lee yesterday though. His timer did show some 32s, which seemed legit. Somehow I never saw you or Munch. The only rider that came by me all day was Aaron on the big Ape. Both him and Lee were out pacing me a bit. I was spinning a lot on the lefts.

#273 ·
Thunderhill, new personal best of 2:08.733. Exact same set up.

#276 ·
Added

Daytona 1:54.4

2013 675r
Ss build
Ohlins gas/ttx
Pirelli sc
Added

Updated times: NJMP Thunderbolt 1:29.1, NCBIKE CCW 1.31.2, NCBIKE CW 1.33.xx (via gopro), NYST 1.35.xx (via stopwatch). Still gsxr750, same setup and tires.
What direction was NYST? Nice jump at Thunderbolt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.