Triumph 675 Forums banner

2017 Ozark Mountains Rat Raid

10K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  glory racing 
#1 · (Edited)
April 27 - April 30, 2017. Registrations must be received by April 15. Cost is just $40 and includes an event t-shirt and dinner at the banquet/awards ceremony Saturday evening.
http://www.ozarkratraid.com/

This years raffle bike is a 2002 Triumph Sprint ST with 25000 miles on it. This year YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN IT. Tickets can be purchased at the event.

Last year we had 7 of us from 675.net for 3 to 5 days of great riding on some of the best (and sparsely patrolled ) roads in the country. (the year before we had 10 from 675.net)
This event draws Triumph riders of all kinds from around the country, not just the central US. Six years ago, Jazman from 675.net won the raffle bike! Some group rides are offered but most riders (like us) will break into our own groups and go where we want. The only 'scheduled' activity you need to plan around is being back at the hotel by 5:30 Saturday for the banquet. Evenings are typically hanging around the bikes in the parking lot, or a campfire at the hotel back lot. This isn't some biker rally. Its all bout getting out and riding.

Feel free to ask questions about the event below and one of us MOKANARs will answer as best we can.

HOTEL INFORMATION IS LISTED TWO POSTS BELOW:

In the post below, I'll list the role call of those attending from 675.net. Just so we have an idea who is attending, either post up you ARE attending (after you have registered) or that you may be attending. ALSO LIST WHAT DAY YOU EXPECT TO ARRIVE

See less See more
Reactions: Torchsport
#2 · (Edited)
I'll update this list as people post below. This DOES NOT REGISTER YOU FOR THE EVENT! You must go to the Rat Raid website to register.
I AM IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT - JUST TRYING TO SEE IF WE HAVE SOME INTERESTED 675's TO ATTEND.

WHO IS ATTENDING
OKStriple....................................HUB - Arriving Wednesday at noon
Neanderthal.................................HUB - Arriving Wed at noon
Helta...........................................HUB Wednesday Night
KD_in_KC....................................
KeithStriple..................................HUB Thursday
Natelepain....................................??

GloryRacing................................... Local guide and supplier of rubbers (tires that is)

Maybe:

#3 ·
Hotel information
The HUB
www.hubinfo.com 800-597-9963
is the main hotel where event check in and the banquet is held. Most group rides leave from here. It is located on Hwy 7 about 15 minutes South of Harrison Arkansas. The hotel fills up most years so you want to book early (I booked mine last year)

Overflow hotel:
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-harrison-arkansas-AR056
Quality Inn Harrison AR 800-741-7676
This is about 15 minutes North of the main event hotel but is also closer to restraunts, Wal Mart, liquor stores and stuff. Last year there were a lot of Rat Raid folks there so you won't be allone if you end up there

Rooms are cheap at either place and you probably won't have difficulty finding someone to split a room with There is usually a thread about the Rat Raid on the TriumphRat website where you could find a roomie if you can't find one on here.

#6 ·
You're right, they did change it. I just noticed. Don't know why

#17 ·
I just updated the list showing HELTA arriving Thursday (I Think) and I sent a text to Nate and KD to see if ether of them are coming. Personally I would take small group riding over big group riding any day.

I'll be in Nate's town working tomorrow (Sherwood).
I'm in Fayetteville today

#24 ·
LOL..... Good one Mark!

The older I get, the less I want to deal with the weather myself. There was a time when I would be out on the middle of a lake, near freezing temps, snow flurries around me and I'd fish all day long. Those days are gone. As usual for this time of the year, our forecast is all over the place, so we we'll just have to see how it plays out. There's probably going to be quite a bit of gravel in the curves when coming up to driveways.

#26 ·
As promised: CB750F Pics

Attachments

Reactions: Neanderthal
#30 ·
Yepper. Hope that they are wrong (got at least a 50/50 chance, lol) and we just have overcast skies throughout. :smile2: Looking at the radar map, I really don't see anything significant heading this direction, maybe they are just concerned with all the moisture in the air?

Just in case - I did pick up a new rain suit, but really hoping I don't have to test it out, lol.

#31 ·
Weather Channel App says 100% Wednesday 10% Thursday, 20% Friday.

Ardell and Dan - If it appears that it will rain all day Wednesday, then I'll arrive later in the day. No need to get up early to go sit in the hotel. But I'll assume Thursday is our best day and we'll be ready to roll Thursday Morning. Might be a Push Mountain day.

#32 ·
Yeah, we'll just have to play it by ear. Looking at the radar map, I'm still not seeing anything ominous headed our direction, but that could change. I'm fairly confident that pulling a forecast out of my azz is as accurate as the what we are being told by the "pros", lol. I'll be ready to roll early Wednesday morning, but if it is raining, I won't be in any kind of rush, that's for sure.

#33 ·
Now it looks like Thursday will be great and Friday will be good. Saturday and Sunday could be 'significant rain events'. Therefore I will be riding Thursday and probably Friday. Saturday and/or Sunday we will most likely be out looking for waterfalls. There are some really scenic area's in AR if youre into that kinda stuff.

#34 ·
Looks like its just me, Ardell and Dan. I'm pretty sure we'll do Push on Thursday.
Beyond that, I wouldn't mind a scenic tour Saturday if you can point us to a waterfall or two on a rainy day.

#37 · (Edited)
We got around 600 or so miles of riding in. Both Friday and Saturday were cut short due to the rain. Saturday afternoon was absolutely torrential, Dan actually rode from Eureka Springs to the HUB in it, lol.

Thursday's weather started out a little cool, but it was a very good day out and we ripped around on Push Mtn. Despite the poor weather, still had a great time. Turnout for the Raid was very low, maybe around 40-50 bikes.

Raid organizers have reached out to the membership to figure out ways to jump-start the event. We are hoping we can get a better 675 turnout - these guys on here don't know what a good riding vacation is that they are missing out on! The 2018 RAT Raid weekend will be the 2nd weekend in June next year, they are hoping pushing it back will help with attendance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.