Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 daytona model, let down?

14K views 102 replies 56 participants last post by  BRKYLN675 
#1 ·
#5 ·
It looks a bit more generic now. My #1 gripe is still the GP/Low-boy exhaust, coming in second is how tacky the red-stripe on the wheels looks. Keep it solid black or whatever color, but it just looks so classless.

Previous gen Daytonas looked so special and so much different than the others. This new Daytona doesn't seem to fit that same bill.

However, I haven't seen it in person yet, so who knows. It'd be nice to see a real version of the bike (in a photo at least), not something completely studiofied.

#6 ·
It looks a bit more generic now. My #1 gripe is still the GP/Low-boy exhaust, coming in second is how tacky the red-stripe on the wheels looks. Keep it solid black or whatever color, but it just looks so classless.

Previous gen Daytonas looked so special and so much different than the others. This new Daytona doesn't seem to fit that same bill.

However, I haven't seen it in person yet, so who knows. It'd be nice to see a real version of the bike (in a photo at least), not something completely studiofied.

#8 ·
Coming from a Jap bike myself the exhaust sounds of my 675 R is simply brilliant way better than music played by a full size orchestra and there is nothing about its looks that I dislike & I agree with the last post you
Won't see the bike until you put the kick stand down

#12 ·
yep, fresh dog shit. the front is just hideous and i am so bored with the undertail exhaust arguement. few if any of us can fully utilize the full potential of the current daytona. undertail = sexy

#11 ·
Not a fan.

It does look more generic, and god I hate that new font.

#15 ·
Yeah I agree Knolly, the bike needed a refresh and while most of the people on here do not like it, does not mean the majority of people looking to buy a new bike won't. Time will tell if they did a good job or not for sales, and time will tell if the bike still kicks ass on the track. I bet it will be a beast on the track with the upgrades, I bet the look will grow on most of the people here once it is out and people can see it in person.

#19 ·
nah, 636 looks pretty sick.

Then you have 848, while I am not a huge ducati fan it is a good looking bike, I just wouldn't own it.
And current rumors are that a Panigale-based 799 will show up soon. Hyachachacha.

#18 ·
Everyone always wants a new design and then when photos are released, they hate it. I've learned to withhold judgement until I see it in person.
Right now I like mine better but who knows...

People were ripping on the sulphur yellow earlier this year too. Has anyone's opinion changed on that?

Same goes for cars and trucks. Hated my trucks body style when it came out but now I think it's better than the others.

#20 ·
I couldn't agree more with you guys:

1. The projectors do suck. And the objections about losing them seem to be mostly about fashion, not function.

2. Triumph competes with other manufacturers. If they don't try to improve, they lose. Most of us couldn't exploit the difference between a CBR F3 and a Daytona. Does that mean Triumph should stop developing the bike? If that's true, then maybe we should all be riding F3s and quit kidding ourselves.

3. I love my '07. If you love your first or second generation model, that's beautiful. But don't expect Triumph to perpetually validate your decision by making the same bike forever. That's one of the main reasons why the original company died.

Everyone wants to feel better about the bike they already own so it's human nature to slag the new one. I think the old one is better looking, too, but I won't buy a bike strictly on looks alone.

I'll also reserve judgment for when I can see one in person and ride one.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#23 ·
I think that the new Daytona is better in almost every way except aesthetically in some respects.

The only thing I don't like is the shape of the headlights over the projectors. I guess reflectors have to stick out like that? Projector lights were fine, sure a bit underpowered but you can pretty much ride with the high beam on anyway. Most people do their riding during the day anyway.

The headlights have just pushed me more towards a Street when I put a lot of kms on my Daytona lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#24 ·
There is no question that Triumph makes gorgeous bikes - that's why we are all here. I spent sooooo many hours polishing, buffing and just plain lusting after my 2011 STR. Then Triumph changed the lights and I kind of lost some attraction for the bike.

Now that I am planning to get a new 2013 D675R, I look at the bike and I love it... It seems I do not have any presupposition of how it ought to look, because I have never owned a track bike. I'm sure when Triumph upgrades again in 2015, I'll complain about the shitty styling.

#26 ·
I think if you color matched the silver eye shadow, it would look pretty sick.

at the very least paint it black to match the belly pan. cmon lets keep it to a max of 2 colors of paint on the fairings shall we?

#27 ·
Im not saying the bike is ugly, Im simply saying its disappointing... 675 use to have their own look... now riders from a distance will be saying "is that an R6" until they come up on it closely. The exposed frame isnt even cute, it looks bulky... i prefer the sleek skinny design. The tail is now pointy, the lights are ver similiar etc etc.

blah... my bike is better 2012 >

#29 ·
Im not saying the bike is ugly, Im simply saying its disappointing... 675 use to have their own look... now riders from a distance will be saying "is that an R6" until they come up on it closely. The exposed frame isnt even cute, it looks bulky... i prefer the sleek skinny design. The tail is now pointy, the lights are ver similiar etc etc.

blah... my bike is better 2012 >
How can you say it's disappointing? It has more HP, more TQ, better headlights, better CG, better flickability?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.