Triumph 675 Forums banner

2017 Daytona 675

45K views 80 replies 43 participants last post by  Redline87 
#1 ·
The last model before the newest one was from 2009 to 2012 that was 4 years with the same model. Now we have the new model from 13 to 16 that's another 4 years. Anyone thinks the New model will be next year or anytime after that? Anyone has some INSIDER news? :scooter:

#53 ·
So, Si at Uk Race Support told me about this months ago! He has a friend that works in the R&D dept at Triumph and was told the same thing by him! It's a shame but financially it makes sense to Triumph...well that's what the R&D guy says!

#54 ·
It is a shame too. There has been so little change in the middleweight class that 08 R6s in the club racing world still demand top $.

There is not much Triumph would have to do to have a "next" Daytona.

Some fancier electronics, and fix the triples to get the trail numbers where they should have been all along. That and some BNG (bold new graphics) would keep Triumph viable in the performance/ sport market until someone really steps up with something better than the R6.

#57 ·
The more I think about it, this might not be my only season on a Triumph. The 13+ bikes are still so good and competitive that there wouldn't be much reason to jump ship right away. The fact that guys are routinely putting down 124+ at the wheel with just a full exhaust, PC5, and a tune, which just blows away most of the Japanese competition says a lot for its staying power even if Yamaha comes out with a new and improved R6. And I've already seen that it's possible to find a 13+ 675R for $7K or less, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. So the new R6 would have to truly be revolutionary and not just evolutionary to justify the up front expense of buying a brand new bike to convert into a race bike. For me anyways.

Just like I expected when I got into racing, I'm already fantasizing about my next race bike...

#58 ·
The more I think about it, this might not be my only season on a Triumph. The 13+ bikes are still so good and competitive that there wouldn't be much reason to jump ship right away. The fact that guys are routinely putting down 124+ at the wheel with just a full exhaust, PC5, and a tune, which just blows away most of the Japanese competition says a lot for its staying power even if Yamaha comes out with a new and improved R6. And I've already seen that it's possible to find a 13+ 675R for $7K or less, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. So the new R6 would have to truly be revolutionary and not just evolutionary to justify the up front expense of buying a brand new bike to convert into a race bike. For me anyways.

Just like I expected when I got into racing, I'm already fantasizing about my next race bike...
Spot on dude. Ive the the Akra Full TI, PCV, BMC Street and put down just north of 124hp to the wheel 53 fptq.

Id hate to see this bike go away. I'm nearly done building mine and I have zero intention of getting rid of it. If anything I'll add bikes but Sophia is here to stay.

#59 ·
I browse Ebay quite often, and There has been a noticeable drop in decent used parts out there for the 06-12 bikes... only going to get worse over the next few years..

The 13+ bikes there is parts out there and plenty of left over 675R's on showrooms across the nation. One thing nice about the 13+ bikes are parts are cheaper than the older bikes new or used.. except the motor.

#61 ·
Reading an article today about the CBR600 being killed off (which was already public info), I came across a little section at the bottom that's relevant to us...

Triumph Daytona 675

Triumph were the last manufacturer to release an all-new bike with the latest Daytona 675 but the company admitted that bike only went ahead because so much time and money had already been spent on it before the global financial meltdown of 2009. Had that bike been a bit less developed Triumph official admitted it would have been mothballed and never seen the light of day. MCN understands the next Daytona (still at least a year away) will ditch the 675cc inline three-cylinder motor and go up in capacity to a 765cc motor to make it an even better road bike.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2016/june/honda-cbr600rr-killed-off/

#66 ·
Reading an article today about the CBR600 being killed off (which was already public info)
This is a bit misleading, though. Sales will halt in Euro4 markets. Surely they will re-enter when they have a replacement that meets regulations.

As an aside, to include motorcycles in emissions regulations is ridiculous. Fortunately future Euro5 & 6 aren't significantly more restrictive for petrol engines (3 to 4 was massive, requiring ~50% cut in CO2, hydrocarbons and NOx).

#62 ·
Are they using a different motor to get that cc out? I thought the 675 was at its capacities already

This post has been deleted
#68 ·
Manufacturers have had to increase engine sizes to meet Euro4. The Bonneville and Panigale 959 are perfect examples. Likely the reason the ST will be upsized.* If they decide to continue the Daytona, I would suspect it will have the same engine.

The 600 class supersport market is damn near dead and the EU is helping dig the grave.

* - I heard 800cc from my local dealer just last week.

#72 ·
Hi guys. I am from India and have recently booked a Daytona 675 R / White and planning to take the delivery on 5th September( The bike is already in stock at the dealership). I started to worry a bit because of all the blogs and few websites stating that the 675 R or rather the Daytona is going to be discontinued and the production is already stopped in UK.

So what do you guys suggest to me should I go ahead and still buy it despite it being discontinued or should I go for Ducati panigale 959, MV Agusta F3 800?

I just Love the jet/whistle sound of the inline 3 of 675 which the Ducatis or Jap bikes do not have they have a very grunty exhaust sound and 675 being only 184 Kg is also a plus.

Please fellow members ITT what are your suggestions for me?

On road price of 675 R is 20895 USD and the other option is Ducati 959 Panigale for 24646 USD.

#73 ·
Hi guys. I am from India and have recently booked a Daytona 675 R / White and planning to take the delivery on 5th September( The bike is already in stock at the dealership). I started to worry a bit because of all the blogs and few websites stating that the 675 R or rather the Daytona is going to be discontinued and the production is already stopped in UK.

So what do you guys suggest to me should I go ahead and still buy it despite it being discontinued or should I go for Ducati panigale 959, MV Agusta F3 800?

I just Love the jet/whistle sound of the inline 3 of 675 which the Ducatis or Jap bikes do not have they have a very grunty exhaust sound and 675 being only 184 Kg is also a plus.

Please fellow members ITT what are your suggestions for me?

On road price of 675 R is 20895 USD and the other option is Ducati 959 Panigale for 24646 USD.
From the rumors I hear is that everyone is pulling out of the 600cc class since the cost to produce them isn't much different than producing the 1000cc class. As for triumph I read that they will possibly discontinue the 675 and upgrade the engine to 765 instead so that they can still compete in the sport bike world

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free Appb
-

#75 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies @Darkness14 and @MGFChapin. As you stated that the parts availability is really not a issue even if its discontinued is quite assuring and I absolutely love the 675 R and will go ahead on my purchase.

I also agree with you on buying a 675 instead of Ducati as its not as practical and as sweet sounding as the 675 R and MV Agusta is only looks, and with the company filing for bankruptcy I better stay away from it.

Now of to my search for Arrow/Akra exhaust and dreaming till the delivery date because for some stupid reason the OEM Arrow Exhaust which we could buy here legally without voiding warranty has been stopped by triumph due to poor fuel combustion problem or some other emission related stuff so I will have to buy a new one and void the 2 years warranty for it.

Thanks!

#76 ·
Parts availability is guaranteed for at least 10 years after production ends. The MV F3 800 is on my list as well but that brand has definitely a more questionable future.

I also rode a Panigale 959; it's a nice bike but I wasn't overly impressed with it. The 675 has a lot more character and feels lighter and more nimble.

Besides, if you're going to pay top dollar for an Italian bike, go with the RSV4 or Tuono. WAY more entertaining than Ducati IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.