Triumph 675 Forums banner

Keyless track mod

22K views 72 replies 41 participants last post by  TariqC 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm converting my 07 to track only duty in the coming months. Would somebody mind pm'ing instructions for keyless operation please?

Thanks a lot!

JD

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#46 ·
OK going to hit some people up with a PM on this.... I owed several people over the last couple months, been so swamped with work, have not had the time to untape my harness...

Given mine still has a on/off key...

#50 ·
PM me

#54 ·
Keyless ignition was an awesome mod :)

#66 ·
I'll sell the one i've been using on my 2010 for $20 plus shipping.. basically just hot wires the ignition, so you have to use the switch on the right side..

On a side note, when you do this, the tail light always has power going to it, which wouldn't have been a big deal except that is where the power for my bazzaz kit came from, so I had to put a switch in the wire so the bazzaz kit wouldn't be drawing power 24/7

#67 ·
Installed the Woodcraft unit on my 2011 tonight. Plug and play, simple as can be. Putting it in takes seconds, then you just have to fasten the wiring up. Of course, I haven't removed my keyswitch yet, that will be a bit more work.

It won't work if your bike has an immobiliser, which apparently they do in some markets.

For me, the bit of expense is worth not having to hack and splice.

#68 ·
For me, the bit of expense is worth not having to hack and splice.
Since mine is a race bike and already hacked to pieces I went the free way :smile2:

Was very easy and the PM I got was spot on. I wanted to double check and make sure it was right so I jumped all of the wires 1st and it was perfect so I cut behind the plug about 4 inches and soldered and heat shrank all of the wires. Now my plan is to sell the key and take setup...not sure how much, but I am sure there is a market for it. >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.