Triumph 675 Forums banner

Vozz Rear Entry Helmet

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Nastybutler 
#1 ·
Saw this not too long ago, and it look pretty interesting. One of the big points they push about their helmet is the fact that the helmet can be so much smaller at the base for better wind protection, less movement, and less noise. Curious as to the thoughts out there. So long as integrity isn't lost around the hinge point on the back of the helmet and stuff, seems like a pretty good idea. Check out the video.

#2 ·
Assuming the safety isn't compromised, I like the idea for 2 main reasons: no need to take my glasses on and off, and having a better seal around my neck/under my chin. However, I recall reading somewhere that it'd cost $600+; at that price I wouldn't be a buyer.

#9 ·
#6 ·
The Hurt Report had a very interesting chart imposed on a helmet that laid out the major impact areas on a helmet. Icon made the helmet for the public. Majority of impact is right and left chin. Next major area was left and right temple area. Sides and back were lowest with top being the least at .4%.

The Voxx helmet was designed with that data in mind which is why the opening is towards the rear in lower impact area. A very clever design but the price might put it above where most feel comfortable to pay just for a little more quiet and ease of putting on. It does have a clever emergency release system that once EMS are trained on it will aid in lessening possible neck injury of an unconscious rider. Right now it's cut the strap and hope for the best. The Voxx can have the whole back removed and the front pulled straight forward and off.

#7 ·
It's definitely a innovative design. I'd love to see if they are able to lower the price point as they get into the market more and start improving their design. I imagine the noise can be a lot quieter as well, since you don't have all the buffeting at the bottom of the helmet. I wouldn't be a customer at this point, but wouldn't reject it completely with the thought that they may be able to improve a lot in the years to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.