Triumph 675 Forums banner

What did you do to your Street Triple today?

1M views 7K replies 630 participants last post by  Joe Garfield 
#1 ·
I installed the rest of my frame sliders from motovation. Got the front, rear and engine ones done... and did the rim tape yesterday :)

Attachments

See less See more
#6,242 ·
Had a busy week!

So I finally pulled the trigger on some sweet upgrades...

Triumph Quickshifter - (awesome)
Racetech .95 fork springs - (awesome)
carbon fiber heel guards
K&N filter
Diablo GT front tire to match back (finally replaced stock Pilot, 6k)
Triumph Engine Protectors
OEM Seat Cowl
Best $6 iphone mount ever!

Previous upgrades:
Shorty levers
Two Bros undertail exhaust
Speed Metal barend mirrors
Daytona adjustable rear shock
Ermax fly screen
tank pads
frame sliders

I think it's almost complete b/c I'm running out of ideas.

Attachments

#6,243 ·
So I finally pulled the trigger on some sweet upgrades...

Triumph Quickshifter - (awesome)
Racetech .95 fork springs - (awesome)
carbon fiber heel guards
K&N filter
Diablo GT front tire to match back (finally replaced stock Pilot, 6k)
Triumph Engine Protectors
OEM Seat Cowl
Best $6 iphone mount ever!

Previous upgrades:
Shorty levers
Two Bros undertail exhaust
Speed Metal barend mirrors
Daytona adjustable rear shock
Ermax fly screen
tank pads
frame sliders

I think it's almost complete b/c I'm running out of ideas.
Are you gonna try to swap the fork springs yourself? I would like to install stiffer springs as well but I thought taking spring out of a cartridge fork requires specialized tools.

#6,250 ·
Gassed it up and went on a 150 km ride today. It was around 45* when we left and dropped down to 40* by the time we got home 4 hours later. It was a little brisk.
I had to do the top speed test, hit somewhere in the neighborhood of 220 kmh (around 135ish mph), done with that.(gotta love the autobahn) Mostly back roads enjoying the fall colors.

#6,252 ·
Fabbed up a mounting system to mount up tail bag. Nothing serious, just a solid floor for bag, and better bungy set up to secure it to back of seat.
Pulled wheels off to clean and install wheel stripes. Had gold and silver versions but ended up going with silver. Anyone needs the gold ones, yours for shipping.
Still need to hardwire GPS power, but will do that next weekend or next rainy day.

#6,255 ·
Went for what is likely the last ride of the season and got to try out my brand new Powerlet heated glove liners. Holy damn are they nice. I can easily ride down to freezing temps in comfort with a pair of protected short cuff summer riding gloves on top of them. The highest power setting is downright sizzling.

Put some fuel stabilizer in it, topped it up and rode it home. Will wash the bike, wax the tank, use some Motul Perfect Seat on the seat, change the oil, clean and lube the chain, lube the clutch cable, install a bunch of GB racing protective parts, figure out a discrete way to mount an air horn on a naked and put the battery on a battery tender in the next few days.

#6,256 ·
Went for what is likely the last ride of the season and got to try out my brand new Powerlet heated glove liners. Holy damn are they nice. I can easily ride down to freezing temps in comfort with a pair of protected short cuff summer riding gloves on top of them. The highest power setting is downright sizzling...
I need something for my hands, just have not figured out exactly what yet. Mostly just the forefinger tips, from the knuckle down, lol. Been doing a lot of research and not sure heated grips (wouldn't bastardize a Striple with those anyway) will do anything for that part of my hand anyway.

How bulky are those Powerlet liners? Do you have to use a controller? Do you have cords running all around your neck/back/arms, lol?

#6,260 ·
(1) Not a problem. Cold isn't an issue until it gets about 40° and below.

(2) No way bark-busters or mittens will find their way on my bike, lol.

I already have a Powerlet connector - these might be the best solution.
1) Ya and heated gloves will let you go way lower than 40F comfortably.

2) Not my cup of tea either but I know a lot of riders that log huge miles every year that swear by them.

#6,265 ·
Any reason you guys didn't go with the Triumph kit heated grips? Install looks pretty clean. It is a 2 stage, single button operation.

#6,266 ·
Any reason you guys didn't go with the Triumph kit heated grips? Install looks pretty clean. It is a 2 stage, single button operation.
Didn't know it was available for the 2009 model, I knew it was for the 2nd gen bikes. I've already resigned to just getting some heated gloves and jacket liner. Warm&Safe has some really good gear, and I'll probably just stay off the Striple for cold-weather riding as well.

#6,269 ·
Well I changed my oil on my brand new street triple 500 mile break in..and well today I rode it like I stole it on the highway.
I honestly never cared for the sticker after 500miles.

On my daytona after 500 miles I ripped it apart..I am at 4k miles now after 3 months. 500 on this street triple after 1 month.

I want to get a fly screen though..I am debating the cost...

#6,270 ·
Well I changed my oil on my brand new street triple 500 mile break in..and well today I rode it like I stole it on the highway.
I honestly never cared for the sticker after 500miles.

On my daytona after 500 miles I ripped it apart..I am at 4k miles now after 3 months. 500 on this street triple after 1 month.

I want to get a fly screen though..I am debating the cost...
Dart Manta flyscreens are awesome

#6,290 ·
Not too fast......

I had zero issues with the palms of my hands, but the tops of my hand/fingertips would be totally white and numb. After talking to numerous folks that had heated grips, they convinced me that grips would not help me much. I had been wearing glove liners inside of my winter gloves (that do have GoreTex and Thinsulate) and I was still miserable, lol.

Just got to wear my heated gear today, and it was nice. The gloves plug into the jacket. Only 1 coiled cable goes to the Powerlet on the bike. A dual-remote controller regulates the jacket and glove temps independently of each other - it is wireless so no extra wires.

Here's a review I posted up about it (post #162):
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88697&page=17

#6,294 · (Edited)
Heated disagreement about Heated Grips vs. Heated Gloves.:laugh2:

I like heated gloves. :itsok: I can ride with relaxed hands (vs. trying to squeeze tight for maximum warmth - which in turn cuts off circulation). I can also infinitely adjust as the day warms up or the night cools down, not just select Lou, Hi and Max (if you know the old joke).

I have bad circulation in my hands and found a trick for really cold rides. Get the metallic glove liners and wear them under your heated gloves, the metal filaments will transfer some of the warmth from the wires on the back of the hand to the palm without wires. Like this http://www.dicksboatandyamaha.com/s...ic-glove-liners-detail.htm?productId=22074596

Yes gloves can occasionally be a pain to wire up to the jacket liner and plug 2 cords into the bike, but you got used to doing up your riding jacket, tightening your chinstrap and I have faith you can learn ... :wink3:

#6,295 ·
OK, I'll chime in here about heated gloves. I like the concept, but have hated that they are so weak on protection. I like to keep my hands as undamaged as they are, seeing as I have an IT job, and my fingers/hands being in working condition is quite necessary :) I'd rather have heated grips, and gore-tex lined racer level protection gloves. Which is what I've done for years on Sprints. I bought the Triumph grip kit for my new Street Triple R, on reflex. But, now am waffling about whether I'll actually need them. I don't intend on riding it when they'll be useful.

Reactions: Nastybutler
#6,296 ·
I feel like I'd always have them on, I put seat warmers on even when I'm not freezing.

#6,299 ·
I've been riding a lot in the past week, in the middle of December, in Maryland. I'm a huge fan of snow, but I have felt a little better about being able to ride more! (In short cuff, warm weather gloves and a warm weather leather jacket)

That said, today has been in the 40s, so I rode her out to where she'll be stored for winter. Weather is supposed to hop back into the 50s on Monday and climb to nearly 70 on Christmas (last I checked)! Crazy this time of year. I may squeeze in a few more rides before a nice hibernation cleaning and winterizing. I'm pretty sure I've promised some pictures, so they'll happen once clean.

I love this bike!

#6,300 ·
New Decals (painted) :D
Speedy styla ;)

Didn't want to have any decals on the Daytona tail so have the decals painted on the side covers instead:

Now eagerly waiting for the new 2016 Speed Triple (or Thruxton R) fuel tank decals to show up at the dealers.

Attachments

#6,305 ·
Went to the dealer today to check out the new Tiger 800 Low model and noticed that there was some oil on the right side engine cover. Asked the service guy to look at it while I was there looking at the Tiger. Turns out the cover gasket was leaking as well as both oil gallery plugs. They replaced the gasket and sealed up the plugs all under warranty. Oh and the new Tiger low is nice, fit me perfectly. Looks like I might be selling the STR in the near future to fund my new Tiger!

Attachments

#6,310 ·
I washed mine,,,

Yup, a full wash to remove all the rubber from the motor, radiator and wheels from track day. It was ok but then the ride today to an early morning car show in the mist / rain finished t off fr good. With only our second cool front coming in... It's going to be in the50's.... Ooooooh

:surprise:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.