Triumph 675 Forums banner

Get anything good for Christmas?

7K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  Nastybutler 
#1 ·
Doesn't have to be bike related, but mine pretty much is except for the new underwear I got. So for the Daytona, I got a Bazzaz Z-fi/TC/QS, which I'm pretty excited about. Also bought a Sprint air filter, a pair of TRS lever guards (required for CVMA races in 2 weeks) and then I took a bunch of 43%Burnt's race bike parts off him, so an Arrow slip-on, OEM subframe that's been lightened, a backup set of AP rearsets, JHS oil cooler, a Sato spindle holder, and a Hyperpro damper.

Should feel like a new bike at Chuck!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I sent the headers off the MJS this week too. I literally got nothing else for Christmas besides bike stuff and 3 pairs of underwear...

#2 ·
Doesn't have to be bike related, but mine pretty much is except for the new underwear I got. So for the Daytona, I got a Bazzaz Z-fi/TC/QS, which I'm pretty excited about. Also bought a Sprint air filter, a pair of TRS lever guards (required for CVMA races in 2 weeks) and then I took a bunch of 43%Burnt's race bike parts off him, so an Arrow slip-on, OEM subframe that's been lightened, a backup set of AP rearsets, JHS oil cooler, a Sato spindle holder, and a Hyperpro damper.

Should feel like a new bike at Chuck!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I sent the headers off the MJS this week too. I literally got nothing else for Christmas besides bike stuff and 3 pairs of underwear...
well i think thats enough !!!!
i got a 50 tooth rear sprocket and some triumph clothing.

#9 ·
Your in-laws clearly get you! Mine kinda look at my cross-eyed when they hear how expensive this whole track/racing thing is. I actually really want a GoPro myself, that's something I've been missing as far as being able to analyze my body position and my lines.

I scored well also, mostly bike parts. Mother-in-law gave us the purchase price of my bike back. She said she wanted it to be her gift to the both of us.
A pair of Levi's, bottle of Johnnie Walker Black (to go with my Blue), a bullet pen, Gran Turismo 6.
And bike stuff. All the Triumph red stuff, shift lever, chain adjusters, dip stick, oil cap. A dust cover, bar end mirrors, shorty clutch and brake levers ( they sent the wrong ones, R and RX brake levers are different) decorative brake reservoir, and carbon overlay for gas cap. I'm happy!
Damn, some of you guys hit the lottery with in-laws! So if I understand correctly, she basically just paid for your bike? Does your wife ride as well so this was a present to the both of you?

Ready to race...

What are we looking at here? Did you get a KTM race bike for Christmas? That might win the thread.

I got a couple things for Christmas from a jolly ole man with a pot belly.:biggrinjester:

Brembo 19 RCS MC and Renthal clip-ons. I'm pretty damn excited and quit frankly my head is still spinning in amazement. All I need now are some new rotors and I am ready for another great season on the track. Thanks again JD for all you have done for me and the many others around here, here's to another great year. :cheers2:
That's a good score too. I've only done one track day and one race on this bike so far, but I don't have any real complaints about the OEM Nissin MC yet. Did you replace a Nissin or a Brembo? What MY? I've been told that the 11-12 OEM Brembo's are hit or miss as far as quality, but the same years' Nissin's were pretty well sorted out. So I'm still running stock rotors and MCs, but I got Frodo XRAC pads in the front, which are nice!

#5 ·
I scored well also, mostly bike parts. Mother-in-law gave us the purchase price of my bike back. She said she wanted it to be her gift to the both of us.
A pair of Levi's, bottle of Johnnie Walker Black (to go with my Blue), a bullet pen, Gran Turismo 6.
And bike stuff. All the Triumph red stuff, shift lever, chain adjusters, dip stick, oil cap. A dust cover, bar end mirrors, shorty clutch and brake levers ( they sent the wrong ones, R and RX brake levers are different) decorative brake reservoir, and carbon overlay for gas cap. I'm happy!

Attachments

#7 ·
I got a couple things for Christmas from a jolly ole man with a pot belly.:biggrinjester:

Brembo 19 RCS MC and Renthal clip-ons. I'm pretty damn excited and quit frankly my head is still spinning in amazement. All I need now are some new rotors and I am ready for another great season on the track. Thanks again JD for all you have done for me and the many others around here, here's to another great year. :cheers2:

#10 ·
OH REALLY NOW?! FYI my one AB is harder, stronger & takes punches better than the vast majority of guys with a 6 pack.. :wink3:

Didn't get anything for Christmas per say, but did some year end shopping...
For the 675R:
Brembo M50 monoblocks & matching Brembo master cylinder with a clutch matching CRG RC2 lever, and a billet starter-kill switch.

For the Panigale:
More titanium hardware, Brembo RCS clutch & brake master, & Rexxer custom tune, Shorai battery, Ducabike billet starter-kill switch, Carbon fiber-battery cover, oil cooler cover, tail vent inserts, undertail.

All things considered some fun mods for the girls.. I should be done for the rest of the year. :whistle:

#11 ·
Got the best thing I could ask for: New job. Starting on Jan 4th in the area I've been wanting to get two for over a year now.

Moving tomorrow to a new place with plenty of room and a new garage.

After careful consideration, I think my motorcycle ADD is going to continue and I'll sell my Striple in the spring. Something supercharged is in my future. :grin2:

Reactions: jdgun_13
#12 ·
After careful consideration, I think my motorcycle ADD is going to continue and I'll sell my Striple in the spring. Something supercharged is in my future. :grin2:
Congrats on the J.O.B. Please don't say a H2? :laugh2:
if you do, save a test ride for me though!

If you get one of those Sc'ed Ducati powered Bimota Then I really would like a ride sir!

#22 ·
Wife got me a new air compressor. Nothing fancy, just a Craftsman 135psi 1Hp 10 gallon jober, but it's far better than the POS I've been using. She also gave me a 50ft hose and reel setup that will come in handy around the garage. Oh, and as a "stocking stuffer" she got me a bottle of 15yo triple barreled McCallen. Man that's some smooth scotch. It's no dirt bike, but I'll take it. :thumbup:

#26 ·
Good stuff! I'm feeling the air compressor and Macallan too. I just got into the scotch game about a year ago -- personal favorite is Oban 14, but I have gone through 2 bottles of the Macallan 12 already too. And you never know how useful an air compressor is in your garage until you have one. Then you find new ways to use it you weren't even thinking of.

I'm happy with my AP rearsets so far. If you track though, be aware of 2 important things -- the pegs are HELL on boot soles, and it's likely that no one else in the paddock is running them, so you better have your own spares with you in case you go down. Honest to god, I looked at probably 50 bikes thru the paddock last month when I low-sided, and not one set of APs.

#30 ·
Looks like you live in the Midwest -- where do you do your climbing? I'm a novice climber/mountaineer myself. All I really want in life is to be able to afford merino wool clothes for every day of the week.

Will do Hopefully sometime in the next few days if it stays dry out, and not 32 degrees.

aftriathlete: I can agree on your assessment for the Attack parts.. typically not a large group of people using them, Cost I am sure comes into account. Good advice on at least having at least one peg and maybe a shifter peg also on hand..
Hey man, did I tell you I like your style? I have a modded-to-the-gills 999 in my garage myself -- the beauty queen, like yours, and my Daytona is my work horse.:grin2:

#33 ·
As some of you know I got my bike for Christmas. First street bike that I personally owned. 2015 Daytona 675 in Diablo Red (so the standard... for now) from my wife, although, we are financing it, but that is fine with me!

I also got set up with gear: Shoei RF-1200 Vessel graphic, Supertech R boots and Alpinestars SP-1 gloves (thanks TJ), an AGV sniper jacket and AGV pants (from mom), Alpinestars balaclava (from dad) and some other little goodies like Black Ops 3 and an Xbox One.

This has been my favorite Christmas to date!!

Attachments

#36 ·
If your wife is due with your first child in june,don't plan too many track days,your gonna be busy in the spring...
Building baby furniture and making a nursery.
Ask me how I know.
4 kids and my wife is due to have my 5th in July.
Congrats on the new edition

Oh and I got a schuberth c3 with pinlock and Revzilla gift card.

Happy new year everyone

#43 ·
Thanks for the congrats man. I'm hoping I'm safe racing up thru middle of May, which is about 6 weeks before the baby is due, but of course anything past that is up in the air.

If you are honest with yourself and just go out on the track to ENJOY yourself & the bike the chance of binning your bike is very minimal.
If you have to be faster than your buddy, find that second here or there, don't listen to your bike or your own body is when shit always ends up in the grass/dirt sooner or later.
That's something I need to work on, not hitting the track and being competitive every time. Normally it's just with myself (buying a lap timer might have been the best and the worst thing that ever happened to me!) I'm going to have to figure it out though -- I have to get the Duc out on the track.

+1. You can have a good time riding at 90% and have a much much less risk of tossing a bike down the track. I haven't wrecked yet. I'm sure that will change as I now have a second bike to take to work if needed though.
See above -- that's something I'm gonna have to figure out pretty quick here!

Congrats! The first year is a little rough but it gets much better after that. My daughter is 3.5; she says she wants a "princess cycle" and knows who 46 is. I'm in trouble LOL
That's awesome man -- I already have my wife thinking about getting our kid, boy or girl, into minibikes early. I'm gonna get my wife a pit bike or a small dirt bike at some point too so we can be a whole family of riders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.