Triumph 675 Forums banner

Brake reservoir

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Nastybutler 
#1 ·
This may be a dumb question but I'm wondering how hard it is to change the brake fluid reservoir. I don't like the look of the see through one and want to swap it for something else. Am I basically changing the entire master cylinder?

#3 ·
Bay - the reservoir is separate from the master cylinder and can be replaced separately. TWW's got the steps above. Often this will not require bleeding the system except at the very top.

Switching to a new res sometimes requires that you fab a new bracket to mount it. The best product I've ever seen for this are flexible aluminum rods called Ladybird mounts that can be bent into whatever shape you need. CurveyGirl sells them for about $20.

#17 ·
HOLY YELLOW CELICA!

Yeah man we seriously need to do something about that mount set-up you have going on..

#18 ·
HOLY YELLOW CELICA!

Yeah man we seriously need to do something about that mount set-up you have going on..
That's the OEM Street Triple R bracket. Perhaps it looks weird to you because the OEM mirror is gone? It's the same back bracket on the clutch side as well.

JD - Just for the heck of it, I took a look on Kurygirl's website and they sell the exact same green tube clamps I had on it the first go-round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.