Triumph 675 Forums banner

Rearset for Striple R 2015

8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Momo1970 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I just had track day with my Rx 2015. Bike was awesome, really really good on track. The only thing that bothered me was lean angel where my boots hit the pavement more than once. So im looking for higher footpegs that would work with the Triump quick shifter
Triumph rearset cost $750 which seems quite steep. Is it possible to use the Daytona rearset instead? Would they be cheaper option?

#3 ·
Talk to TJ @RidersDiscount about a set of Attack Performance rear sets. Or keep an eye out in the classified section as they do come up from time to time. They work with the stock quick shifter in regular or GP shift. Great value, adjustability, and durability. Not to mention replacement parts are reasonably priced compared to most. I've been using them for a couple of years and love them.

#5 ·
OK, i returned the Triumph Rearsets which i found have bad design.
I would like to verify regards Attack Performance rearsets (for Daytona R 2013+), and d-axis rearsets:
1) Rearsets work with OEM quick shifter on 2013+ STR?
2) Rearsets have exhaust holder as the OEM rearsets or i will need to improvise?

Many thanks

#9 ·
OK, i returned the Triumph Rearsets which i found have bad design.
I would like to verify regards Attack Performance rearsets (for Daytona R 2013+), and d-axis rearsets:
1) Rearsets work with OEM quick shifter on 2013+ STR?
2) Rearsets have exhaust holder as the OEM rearsets or i will need to improvise?

Many thanks
Why didn't you like the Triumph ones? I was thinking about picking up a pair as well.

#13 ·
So the DRP-707 are for 675R not ST3R, the exhaust hanger does not fit and require some modification. There is no rear break switch, and the manufacture recommend buying generic pressure light switch. There is no break puddle return spring as well, and the manufacture says its not needed for modern motorcycle. At this point i just about to give up on rearsets for my ST3R :crying:

#17 ·
For cheap, easy and effective, try the Daytona rearsets on your bike. They swap right over and everything bolts up perfectly. Springs, switches, everything matches. It raises up about 1/2" and back 1". Or is it up an inch and back a half? Can't remember. Either way, one of the best mods I've done to this bike so far.

#19 ·
I have a Remus Hypercone that includes a bracket compatible with either rearset.

A buddy of mine had to purchase a small tab to extend the bracket for use with the OEM exhaust. A simple $4 piece should work.

#20 ·
I have a Remus Hypercone that includes a bracket compatible with either rearset.

A buddy of mine had to purchase a small tab to extend the bracket for use with the OEM exhaust. A simple $4 piece should work.
So I should only buy the Daytona 675R brackets and use my street triple moving parts (pegs, paddle, master cylinder, etc), or I need to buy the full Daytona rearsets?
Thanks!

#24 ·
I just want to conclude that the 2014 Daytona rearsets fit the 2015 Street Triple Rx very well. I had to fabricate 2" extension to the exhaust hanger but everything else is spot on. Quick shifter works, (no adjustment required), rear break light works, rear break return peddle spring works as well. The foot pegs position is a bit back an up, still comfortable for the street, and more lean clearance for track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.