Triumph 675 Forums banner

Talking Single Headlight

26K views 85 replies 22 participants last post by  motodemic 
#1 · (Edited)
Yeah, so I know it's a veritable firing squad around here to even ask about the single headlight conversion but I notice Motodemic just got theirs up and going and is now taking orders for shipment at the end of this month. With my giant Madstad windshield on my bike, you guys already know I could mostly care less about aesthetic opinions :smile: but the single conversion does interest me. And geez, I know if I converted my headlights to single and had my big shield on there too, I'd just be the Belle of the Ball on the board and everyone's favorite Striple surely. LOL.

I am almost sold on MD's conversion mount (they sell the headlight seperately) but I dunno much about their headlight per se. I do a lot of commuting and regular riding after dark so a good headlight is essential for me. And too, while I've done a good bit of work to me own bikes in the past, electrics has never been anything I've tinkered with per se and I know little in regard to how difficult wiring is and that sort of thing if not plug and play. If you had a good mount setup such as theirs, how difficult would it be to source and install your own great headlight as long as it fits? Their headlight offers the benefit of plug and play but I dunno how difficult it would be to get your own light and wire it in as long as it fit the mount? Or, alternately, would something like a Bonneville or Scrambler headlight also be plug and play?

See less See more
#71 ·
Those Motodemic kits look very sweet, don't remember seeing your kits around when I was looking for my rebuild project 8 months ago. But I ended up lucking out on a wrecker who had an LSL conversion kit and Lamp off another Striple.. I have its forks on the front of mine as well now actually.

I was very tempted to buy your instrument cluster mounting kit as mine currently rests on two steel slabs, but with shipping it comes to a rather ridiculous sum unfortunately (I live in little ol' New Zealand)

But yea, I guess in line with the original topic. I went with the single headlight as I just prefer the look. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And to be fair, the longer ive had this bike and spend hours trolling for parts and whatnot, Ive actually come to like the twin look as well. But Im still very much sold on the retro twist that the single gives it. I also feel it really brings the focus back on the rest of the bike, which I very much like.

Attachments

#76 ·
Technically it will bolt on. You would then need to machine off your stock cluster mount and there may be some clearance issues with the cluster hitting the headlights while turning (lights stay put and cluster moves with forks. He havent tested this config due to the modifications needed to the stock mount.

#80 ·
Mine too

Installed today on my older Striple. Brad was fantastic and if he can coach an idiot like me through this, I'm pretty sure about anyone can do it. :grin2:

Small pluses for me are 1) the headlight now turns with the steering 2) small weight savings but one I can feel is that the stalk and bug eyes seem a bit heavier than the single light and 3) dash in lower more forward spot easier to see on initial ride.

Before

After

Sent from my iPad

#86 ·
Announcement

After months of dealing with one lame manufacture after another. We have finally found a good one and received our custom made rubber bushings for the headlight mounts. If you have purchased a headlight from us, you are eligible to receive a free replacement set at no cost to you. All you have to do is shoot us an email to hello@motodemic.com with your name and the address you would like them sent to (if it differs from your original order).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.