Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#6 ·
Pictures from Neanderthal and myself trip to Push Mountain.

* note the G17s on the cashier.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

Attachments

#12 ·
Ahh,....just maybe we can get enough of us for our own regional sub forum AR-KS-MO-OK.
Neandertahl- in response to your question in the other thread, I planned on sending posting something later in the week.
I found out a small handful of OK Triumph riders are going back for a weekend at the HUB the second weekend in October. This is NOT another RAT Raid but a small core group of our local RAT pack, mostly the old guys who ride fast, 8-12 riders?
Larry Wallace (Tigger, if you met him before) is going Oct 12-15 (Thursday through Monday. I can't really take that much time at work right now so I'm arriving between late Thursday or most likely noon Friday. I'm definately out Sunday afternoon. I'm planning on a lot of Push Mountain runs as I didn't get as many as I wanted last time.

There is some other group at the HUB at that time but I still managed to get a room. I might be able to take on a room mate but I have to check if Curtis is going or not (the Multistrada rider from the Rat Raid).

Anyone want to go? I would grab a room at the HUB while you can.
I would rather ride with some MOKANAR 675's

#13 ·
Ahh,....just maybe we can get enough of us for our own regional sub forum AR-KS-MO-OK.
Neandertahl- in response to your question in the other thread, I planned on sending posting something later in the week.
I found out a small handful of OK Triumph riders are going back for a weekend at the HUB the second weekend in October. This is NOT another RAT Raid but a small core group of our local RAT pack, mostly the old guys who ride fast, 8-12 riders?
Larry Wallace (Tigger, if you met him before) is going Oct 12-15 (Thursday through Monday. I can't really take that much time at work right now so I'm arriving between late Thursday or most likely noon Friday. I'm definately out Sunday afternoon. I'm planning on a lot of Push Mountain runs as I didn't get as many as I wanted last time.

There is some other group at the HUB at that time but I still managed to get a room. I might be able to take on a room mate but I have to check if Curtis is going or not (the Multistrada rider from the Rat Raid).

Anyone want to go? I would grab a room at the HUB while you can.
I would rather ride with some MOKANAR 675's
lol... I didn't think the HUB was open that late in the year, lol. When I went back at the end of May, they were closing the restaurant up pretty early on Sundays, wasn't even open on Monday.

#15 ·
You really need a camera mount like this:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5dXa_oPNA"]HWY 341 (Push Mountain Rd.), Arkansas - YouTube[/nomedia]

#16 ·
noclue90 & I doin' this while your sorry butt's were at work. :laugh:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f76V-Ngolyo&list=UUZxhbrSnHE3gbC08Hn5MB7Q&index=1&feature=plcp"]The Fastest 5 Minutes in Arkansas - YouTube[/nomedia]

sorry - I can't figure out the effin YouTube embedding on this forum! :cuss:

#23 ·
So is anyone else heading to NW Arkansas the weekend of the 11,12, 13, 14; Or is it up to Neanderthal and I to take on the twisties?
I'm really getting excited for this. You just don't know how flat and strait the roads are in OK.

#24 ·
So is anyone else heading to NW Arkansas the weekend of the 11,12, 13, 14; Or is it up to Neanderthal and I to take on the twisties?
I'm really getting excited for this. You just don't know how flat and strait the roads are in OK.
Would love to, but I got a wedding that weekend. Damn.

Complaining about OK roads. You know Kansas is flatter than a pancake...literally.

#35 ·
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLj2H2MUQls&feature=related"]Push Mountain Road - YouTube[/nomedia]

I had to do a double take watching this Push Mountain Video. At 15 seconds in he passes a lime (or Rhoulette) green bike with a rider wearing a black jacket and dark helmet. In a flash it passes for a Street Triple.
At 53 seconds he passes a Red SS type bike - could it be a Daytona? Rider wearing full red leathers.

The date is April 28- same date TWW, Neanderthal and ssfbfg would have been on that road. But I noticed A) Both riders being passed had on backpacks and you two didnt. and B) the date was April 28, 2010. So I guess it was 2 years earlier.
None the less, I had to do a double take. And the guy in this video is flying.

Close inspection, the cans on the bikes being passed don't match up to Triumphs either

#41 ·
10 days till I'm back in Arkansas on 341, 123 and 23. I'm starting to make random motorcycle engine noises throughout the day.:whistle:

#43 · (Edited)
I wish I lived close enough to make it a long daytrip every once in awhile. There are very few decent roads around here.

Take lots of pics. But you have to get JD_Gun when he's parked. I hear he is hard to catch when moving.

#49 ·
I keep watching the weather forecast for next week. Thursday shows 60% chance of rain leaving OKC but 0% in Jasper. So leave early and head East ASAP. Friday Jasper shows 50% chance of rain.
I'll keep watching as it gets closer

#50 ·
OKStriple,
Ardell & I got some good riding in today down in ARKANSAS... and lets just say 3 trips on push mountain no issues... OK someone had 2 possible moments :whistle:

Hoping to meet you guys down at THE HUB on Friday if i can get a room.

#51 · (Edited)
OKStriple,
Ardell & I got some good riding in today down in ARKANSAS... and lets just say 3 trips on push mountain no issues... OK someone had 2 possible moments :whistle:

Hoping to meet you guys down at THE HUB on Friday if i can get a room.
:nomore: Jealous you guys are getting so much time in there. You're gonna kick my ass on that road (not that you wouldn't have anyway). Just wait up for me when you get to the other end.:afraid:

So...momemts....hmmmm???

Glad you will be able to get down there next week:thumbup:

#53 ·
It's all good, barring having someone to really make me dig a bit i am going to take it easy for the most part.:whistle:
Ardell, bleed them brakes, put on some S20's i would LOVE to rip on that street triple, you may have sold me on the new R model!

#55 ·
Bled them tonight, we'll see how that does. I also softened the front preload 1/2 a ring and 1 more click out (softer) on the Penske shock compression. I'm thinking my setup was a bit too stiff, it's still a little jarring over road irregularities.

The Striple would def be a better everyday bike for you! My guess is that you would not be happy with the R shock and swap it out for an aftermarket unit - so you might be money ahead getting an older standard Street Triple and swapping the suspension with the bits you want like I did.

What am I saying? I KNOW you will swap out all the suspension parts regardless! :laugh:

#54 · (Edited)
JD_Gun,
I checked with the HUB and the 3 bed rooms are taken for next weekend. But if you want to come down, they can throw a cot in our room. Assuming the weather holds out to be OK for the weekend

Last time I was down there, I was on my game better than ever. I was an amature Rossi. Then a guy on a Tiger 800 with knobbies passed me and the Multistrada and I just couldn't quite keep up. I was humbled, but not humiliated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.