Triumph 675 Forums banner

Anyone in AZ with a Street Triple?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Decipher 
#1 ·
I've been contemplating converting my D675 into a Street Triple for the added comfort on long trips (most of the riding I do these days) and realized I've never actually sat on one to feel the difference. Does anyone local want to meet up and go for a short ride, maybe even swap bike for a few miles?

#3 ·
Performance Cycle Center in Tucson will let you test ride them. Ride your bike there...let them know you are interested in trading in...while you test ride they will evaluate your D675 and when you return tell you their offer. No commitment but a good chance to see how it feels. I did that with a ZX6R and CBR600RR before choosing the D675.

#4 ·
It's incredibly rare that a place actually lets you test ride. Triumph seems to be the best, in my experience. ^This is a great suggestion. Do it. You have nothing to lose and you can see what the bike feels like in stock form. I think you'll be impressed. Coming from 3 Daytonas to my Striple R, I'm quite impressed myself.

#5 ·
IF you decide to go for it, I've got a brand new, still packaged, ST3 subframe in my garage for sale. Just PM me if it's something you'd want after you get a test ride in on one etc... It's for an 09 ST3R, so fits anything in that gen, not the new one.

#6 ·
Go AZ in Scottsdale will let you test ride too, so I may try that. I was hoping to ride an older one just so it would be as close as possible to what my bike would turn out like, but a new one would be pretty similar I'm sure.

Decipher, do you notice a big difference in wind resistance on the highway with the lack of fairings on the Striple?

#7 ·
Sorry for the delay. I forgot to check back. There is definitely a difference at speed. I thought it would be worse than what it is, but it's noticeable for me at the 80+ MPH mark. I have a flyscreen fitted (I prefer the look anyways) and the flyscreen aids in directing the wind. That being said, I still get some helmet buffering at that 80 MPH mark. There is an ongoing discussion in the linked thread below about the addition of the flyscreen visor and what benefits it may offer. I don't do much freeway riding but if I did, I'd add the visor and probably be totally good.

There's no kidding ourselves, though. The Daytona is made to split the air on the track. The Striple isn't. That being said, I'm totally happy with my purchase and confident it was the right buy. Even though the Daytona split the air better, I couldn't spend the amount of time on the seat that I can happily do on my Street. I can also drag knee and ride circles around some of my supersport friends.

Check out this thread...
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150874

And FWIW, my first test-ride on a Street was on a '13 standard and I was sold. I landed on a '12 R which is awesome with the shorter first gear, but either rendering is a blast. You'll get a very good idea of what you're getting into if you ride a new one. The riding geometry is slightly different and more comfortable, but not so much so that I would buy one over the other. It just so happened the deal for me was on a '12.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.