Triumph 675 Forums banner

Female Racer-Issey Racing 08 Triumph Daytona 675

6K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  carnage.inc 
#1 ·
Hi Triumph675 members,
My name is Issey W. I am an amateur racer. I just started racing on my D 675 last May 2012 with CVMA. I enjoy racing a lot. I also race on my mini bike Honda NSR 50 with M1GP which I finished 1st recently on the stock novice class. I would like to make friends and ask about mod that would help me go faster and beat some jap bikes :laugh: also, I would like to trade all of important skills and technique that you guys have and do in the racing world. Please kindly check and "Like" my page on FB at www.facebook.com/IsseyRacing or my youtube vdo at and here is my race bike pic before I convert her into a full race bike!!

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#6 ·
Hi Issey,

Glad to see you've come on the forum in search of help. There is so much great info on this forum that you will benefit from. Take a peek at the 'modifications>performance modifications' section and also the Daytona 675 racing forums section to see if other 675 racers can help you with CVMA modification rules.

Good luck.
Chuck

#7 ·
Werlcome Issy. Good luck in all your races. I have track phobia so I dont go on the track yet. But I am working on it

#8 ·
Hi and welcome. Well now it comes down to budget.

Look at the riders discount project bikes to see what they have done.

You can also request access the the women only section.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Hi and welcome. Well now it comes down to budget.

Look at the riders discount project bikes to see what they have done.

You can also request access the the women only section.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thank you :) I will check it out. I have very little knowledge in modifications BUT I am here to learn:coolgleamA:

#15 ·
Welcome, glad to see you on the track, we have several girl racers here in colorado and there are more every year so good on you for jumping into the mix...

As far as the bike, as good as your's look it may be more cost effective to look at just buying someones already built bike as they generally go for pennies on the dollar, as case in point over the past 3 years i spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 18K on mine and can't even get an offer on it, I build bike for the enjoyment of the build and the ride, but if your not doing any of your own work then it cost even more, there are several good race bike on the board. for example. 2007 Daytona 675 race - Triumph675.Net Forums

But i know if you want to keep you own bike, then the first things are shock(ohlins or elka 3-ways), forks 30mm ohlins(best option), and a good steering damper, the stock one sucks... then work on getting the bike to fit to you by getting adjustable rearsets and clipons.
Good luck racing... be safe...

#16 ·
Thanks for your advice!

Good point! I agree with you. I currently race my bike stock except the pipe, rearsets, and sprockets. I am doing fine and won a couple trophie from races. Finished my first year of racing experience in 1 piece. My bike still look the same :notworthy: I am really happy. I will def do some mod next season. I need to be more competitive!-- Cheers to you:curtsey:

#24 ·
Hi Issey!!! You're a true inspiration! :curtsey: I remember riding with you at the little pahrump track when it was snowing in april a year ago. You've come a long way! I might just have to do some of that m1gp stuff to bring me up to speed hehe

Are you planning on going out to chuckwalla the weekend after thanksgiving?

Patti

#25 ·
Thanks Patti, and Hi!! Yes that was my first trackday in my life. 19 months ago. I started racing with M1GP 5 month after that in 24 Hr Endurance race. I got to ride a little bit. I love it since then and I started the sprint race season after that, so this month is my first racing experience anniversary. I started racing on my D675 in May2012, I have very least track time but I won 3 trophies and I am 3rd for Championship right now. I am really happy about it. I did not even start my season since the first round :) You can do the same too, you just have to start the action. I wish you the best :nod:

#28 ·
Welcome to the madhouse, and congratulations :thumbup:

#35 ·
Another successful weekend at Chuckwalla/ CVMA Race

Hi :curtsey:, I would like to share my Super Awesome Weekend at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway for CVMA Round 4 With 2nd Place Podium Wins!!!.
I am glad to be back to CVR and hang out with awesome racers. Even though I could not make it out to Friday practice, and I only had 1 session (15 mins) for practice each day, I still fought hard and was able to bring 2nd place trophies home. I was able to set my new PR going CW direction at 2:02.7s during Amateur Supersport Middleweight race which I am really proud of. I wish I had more practice time and that I could made it consistent in all races I entered, and that I did not have to deal with the pain from not having riding activities for a month after my last time test ride a CBR1000 on a track back in Thailand. Overall it was a wonderful weekend. I had a BLAST!!
Congrats to all racers who fought hard for podium positions. You all deserve it!
Thank you all of my sponsors who help me make this happen: PSR, Advanced Technological Industries, GB Racing, Amsoil, AXO, Vortex, and Suomy PLUS Teya, Anton Sohn, Rudy Chavez, and Brownman from the bottom of my heart!! I will be back with more energy, more practice times, and more challenges. See you guys next round!! ;)
-Issey W. CVMA #150 :coolgleamA:
:cool2: Follow me on Fb page at facebook.com/IsseyRacing

Attachments

#41 ·
I only have the headlights on now. Getting rid off them soon. I need to find a new upper faring for that first. Yes you can race with street look, lots of ppls here race and ride on the street on the same bike, it just unprofessional racer look lol

#40 ·
Yes sir, Do you see where my helmet sit in the pic?? That's where I can see through the screen :) Plus I dont really need to see through the screen much there's only one long straight away and the less pretty much all turns at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. I hang off the bike most of the time:whistle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.