Triumph 675 Forums banner

NJMP 4/24

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Chirp 
#1 · (Edited)
Nobody showed up because of the cold and threat of rain. It was open track for 45-60 minutes at a time in the morning with 20 min. breaks to give the intro riders the track to themselves. After lunch it was open track for everybody. The rain held off until about 3 and made it just slippery enough for everyone to quit for the day -- plus we'd all had enough track time to be exhausted. I used all the gas I brought and I usually have 1-2 gallons left over. I doubt there were 30 riders -- great day!

#2 ·
I'm jealous, that's awesome! I was at Grattan all weekend for the season opener and it was good to shake the rust off. Had some sketchy moments in the morning since temps starting in the 30's. I can only imagine how exhausted everyone was by the end of the day.

#3 ·
Nobody showed up because of the cold and threat of rain. It was open track for 45-60 minutes at a time in the morning with 20 min. breaks to give the intro riders the track to themselves. After lunch it was open track for everybody. The rain held off until about 3 and made it just slippery enough for everyone to quite for the day -- plus we'd all had enough track time to be exhausted. I used all the gas I brought and I usually have 1-2 gallons left over. I doubt there were 30 riders -- great day!
Your post makes me so, so angry.

I ****ing bailed because of the weather (and because my legs were sore as shit from the first trackday of the year on 4/23).

That being said, I'll be there on 4/28 >:)

#6 ·
ACE: Absolute Cycle Experience runs the days mentioned. I'm always happy to plug this group. I've done track days with a number of clubs and this is the best of the bunch. They do a very good job of getting the fun/safety balance right.

http://www.absolutecycleperformance.com/

#7 ·
I'm hoping to head there on Monday 5/1 if the weather holds up. The forecast of rain seems to be decreasing, or at least holding off until after 5. I've never been to NJMP so hopefully it's fun. Get to see how these Daytona cams do in my triple. :)

#10 ·
I was there on the 23rd and likewise due to the threat of rain there were not too many people. Oddly enough Saturday rained all day when it was supposed to be dry, so you could say my group got lucky. There were even some people that bailed on Saturday try to slip in on the Sunday. Might be trying to do 5/13.

#13 ·
Tired of copying and pasting the same PM so will just put it into this thread - BTW, Friday was fantastic. Weather was great and there was a pretty decent pace going as well.

To Whom It May Concern,

I bought the Partner Pass a couple of years ago (description from the ACE website is pasted below) - it means that I have a seat at every ACE event (and heavily discounted for TRU events) at every event at NJMP and/or Pocono. I generally try to go more on weekdays so sell my weekend days - price is $150/day or $250 for two days, OBO (that price includes everything, electric, etc.).

Right now the following dates are available:

May 13th
June 24th
June 25th
July 15th
September 23rd
September 24th

There may be some TRU days available as well.........TBD.

Thanks,
JustSomeGuy

Absolute Cycle Experience Partner Program (1 available)
ACE Partner Program is a new program offered on a limited basis. In easy terms, you will own a piece of ACE....and ride whenever you want for as much as you want, for as long as you want. Sell you Space,Share your space, it is yours! in 2007 we offered this same package for $799. Those 5 riders are still riding with us today. Yes, All events for $799. They were a part of the ACE foundation, and now have a lifetime pass with us. Now we are offering it again. The cost is $9999. You will have shareholder status with ACE. You will have one spot for each ACE event we hold from the date of purchase. You will be issued shares (Company Stock) of the Absolute Cycle Experience Inc. corporation. These spots are free to do what you want with. So think back. Since 2007, the rider who purchased this for $799 seven years ago, has ridden every event since then, and the future for that price or they can sell it to another person for any amount they wish. Please call us for more information about this program. Be a part of the next generation of ACE
$9999 Access to any future event.
Be issued shares of stock
Be eligible for Dividend pay out
Sell at anytime
Sell your spot, give it a way, share it, it is yours.
Call 1-877-382-9800 x 2 or Email AbsoluteTrackday@AbsoluteCycle.com to purchase.

#14 ·
Pretty pissed I didn't go today (crashed in turn 5 yesterday and had to hide that from the wife so didn't have time to inspect the damage which was nothing more than a broken clip-on which I essentially fixed in my garage in 10 minutes this morning).

Anyone who's there today - I assume it's gonna be another open track situation so have some fun.

#15 ·
It wasn't open track but turn out was low enough that I was pretty much alone in most of my sessions. The weather held until the lunch break and then started pissing down about 2. Shortly thereafter Roy closed the track. Still a good day.

And it was a great touch that the one group gave out free Nicky stickers on Sunday.

Attachments

#17 ·
Cool -- still hauling it with a black WRX but that will likely change later this summer. I usually park on the entrance side as close to the tech garage as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.