Triumph 675 Forums banner

What did you do to your Street Triple today?

1M views 7K replies 630 participants last post by  Joe Garfield 
#1 ·
I installed the rest of my frame sliders from motovation. Got the front, rear and engine ones done... and did the rim tape yesterday :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2,790 ·
Installed the Throttle Tamer. Much easier to roll on the throttle now, not so aggressive. We'll see if it stops the throttle closing when hitting bumps on the ighway when I actually get to go on a highway. Maybe the weekend?

#2,792 · (Edited)
Took it over to vote for easy parking and spotted a 2011 STR. Apparently there is another one near me. Need to get the guy on 675.net
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

** It was still there when I came out so I assume the guy lives at the apartments next to where I go to vote. I might leave a '675.net' note on it tomorrow when the voting lines go away

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2,797 ·
Your season is probably done. That sucks.

I rode to work again today
Miles so far this month on Street Triple: Appx 330
Miles so far in company car: 32

#2,805 ·
I had 25 mph gusts on my ride home on the interstate yesterday. Gusts in the mid 30mph today. No a good day for high speeds, need to stay on secondary roads

#2,820 ·
Sheared the shifter shaft off right at the circlip whilst shifting up into third gear today.

No reason I could see for this, especially as I have a triumph quickshifter fitted and just tapped the shift lever upwards as usual.

Had to ride the bike home stuck in third...

Examined the break and it was a pretty clean snap-off, no jagged edges, no evidence of prior damage.

A half inch steel shaft snapping like a carrot??!!! Very strange...

All I can think of is that the shaft must have been defective from the factory.

The bike is out of warranty, but I think that Triumph should still warranty the work and parts. After all, how many shifter shafts have you ever heard of just snapping off?

However, chances are they won't warranty it, unfortunately.

Anyone got a spare shifter shaft for a 2010 lying around?

S.

#2,822 ·
Sheared the shifter shaft off right at the circlip whilst shifting up into third gear today.

No reason I could see for this, especially as I have a triumph quickshifter fitted and just tapped the shift lever upwards as usual.

Had to ride the bike home stuck in third...

Examined the break and it was a pretty clean snap-off, no jagged edges, no evidence of prior damage.

A half inch steel shaft snapping like a carrot??!!! Very strange...

All I can think of is that the shaft must have been defective from the factory.

The bike is out of warranty, but I think that Triumph should still warranty the work and parts. After all, how many shifter shafts have you ever heard of just snapping off?

However, chances are they won't warranty it, unfortunately.

Anyone got a spare shifter shaft for a 2010 lying around?

S.
You lookin for this? Wheel Tire Automotive tire Drum Wood

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2,826 ·
I have to be careful here... Kind of like talking to a kid who still believes in Santa Clause... but there is no way anyone will not be able to tell my turn signal is on. You might make a case that they won't be able to tell which direction I'm turning, but at the distance where that would be the case, it wouldn't make a difference for any practical purpose. They'd still know I intend to turn, and as they get closer, they will then clearly see which direction.

As for the six inches between left and right, you can make a case (since the lights in the tail light themselves are over 6" I believe) that since the last LEDs to the left are six inches from the last LEDs on the right, you meet that requirement.

But I'm obviously not going to sway your beliefs and you're probably right about not risking running afoul of VA laws. You don't need that hassle. Guess you'll just have to find some smaller signals than what you've got now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.