Triumph 675 Forums banner

2012 Heroic Limited Edition SP-R Pro Roo/Stingray Race Gloves Group Buy

7K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  ScotiC 
#1 ·
I know that Knolly bumped the old thread, but figure I would get all of the new information posted in its own thread.

These gloves took me 3 years to design and were released in 2009. The pro's are the 6th generation of my SP-R line. Hands down the safest, highest performing glove in the racing market.

Here's the break down on why you need these gloves.

Construction and Materials: Kangaroo belly hide
Impact Zones: Stingray Fish

The construction of the HEROIC Pro's are 100% belly hide kangaroo and the impact zones are sewing on stingray fish leather pouches in all those areas. Different than the existing glove manufacture at the time, I placed hard shock foam under the areas to raise the surface and also to take the blow out of the impact.

Mobility:

I design all my suits to have a short fore arm. The construction of the glove must compensate for this lack of protection. The SP-R Pros allow your wrist freedom of movement that the brake and clutch on your motorcycle requires.

Safety:

It's all about safety. All the areas of the glove where you will connect with the ground have raised stingray fish skin which is the most durable leather in the world. We raise the leather off the main level of the glove with high density shock foam that keeps the impact away from the main carcass of the glove. All the finger tips are reinforced with synthetic grip which doubles as slide points. The areas of the glove that have the most movement are covered and bridged to support all the bones of the hand during a wreck.

Hand Design and Fitment:

Have you noticed your hand at rest? Its the same shape as a hand on the handlebar. This is the reason I precurve the gloves into a .... rest point. We took that a step further and built in articulation into the finger joints that bring your fingers back to a restpoint on outstretch. Max performance, endurance; all built into one small feature

Durability:

Tired of your finger tips blowing out on your gloves? Me too. HEROIC is the first glove to have double welted fingers to a. spread the load and b. to give two seams of protection.

Who wears them?

These gloves have been worn and tested by Jason DiSalvo in World Supersport, Shawn Higbee AMA, Dane Westby AMA, Robertino Pietri AMA, Eric Stump AMA, Bryce Prince AMA, Skip Salenius AMA, Jake Morman AMA, LLoyd Bayley AMA, Eric Pinson AMA, Santiago Villa AMA and many many more..

Here's the deal for the forum:
I have some limited edition colors: White with detail and Black with a white stripe. Until they run out; here's your deal:
$200 shipped for either black or white in color to the 49 states. Please review the attached sizing chart or go to my website via the link below. If you receive the gloves and they are not the right sizing, please call me so we can exchange them for the right size.

Below is a link to my order form, or you can give me a call at 917-846-3671 and say you are with the Triumph Group Buy.

Order Form:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5s81scj3im6fds/Heroic Order form.xls

Website Link:
http://www.heroicracing.com/SP_R_PRO_p/hrasprpro.htm

You can email the order form to Sales@heroicracing.com

If you want to PayPal Todd the money his address is: todd.mcnabney@heroicracing.com

*I believe Todd has about 40 of the black gloves remaining and 50 of the white. I will try and keep the thread updated on remaining quantities often. Feel free to PM me with questions that I can relay to Todd.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
has any ventilation been added to these? kind of between HELDs and these.

#5 ·
There is a little bit of perforation around the wrists, but not on the hands at all. I believe they were designed this way on purpose.

I spoke with Todd and here was his response on the other form when someone asked about venting:

"I can perforate them on request between the fingers, but these are pure race gloves designed around sprint racing.

I fix gloves all the time trackside and one of the biggest failure points of many gloves are ventilation holes. If the glove has vent holes on the bottom of the fingers; usually three.. FAIL.. Think how much pressure you put on your handlebars. Add sweat, and friction and let alone sliding on asphalt. #1 repair issue is vent perferations that have turned into sunroofs. LOL

So back to the question, I look at performance and safety. The gloves are designed to give max performance for 20 to 30 minutes. And then you take them off. I can perforate them for you on request."

#7 ·
I purchased through Todd last week and got my gloves. He's an up front guy. My gloves came as promised and are close to perfect. I had one of the knuckles where the stitching was poking a bit due to the additional material of the pinky/ring finger protector. I stuck my hand in and scraped it with my finger nail. I know a couple people complained, but it was a very easy fix. They're solid and very comfy in regards to ergonomics. +1111 for Heroic offering a discount to forum members.

#12 ·
I ended up driving up to NJMP over the weekend to check out suits because of this group buy on gloves, lol. Ending up getting a suit and gloves.

I thought my old SPRs were great gloves, but the Pros are a noticeable upgrade. Definitely glad i saw this group buy thread which lead me to my new loot!

#14 ·
UPDATE

Just got an email from Todd saying that his inventory is gone. There are more gloves on order, but for now until he gets another batch of gloves he doesn't want to take any more orders.

He should have gloves in a few weeks. When they arrive I will update the thread again.

#16 ·
i am going to throw in a little something here.

i still come on here and check on the classifieds and sometimes the discussion stuff. but i was part of the group buy two years ago when Michelle did it. i cannot recommend to get in as part of this. at all.

i have a pair of the shorty street gloves. i have stopped wearing them due to the stitching coming out in some key areas. i am sure that todd would honor the gloves to whatever degree, but after i write this next part i believe that you will understand more of where i am coming from and why i would never send them back.

i wear a size 13 glove. i have big hands and it is very difficult to find ones that will fit and are well made as it is. Michelle was throwing this whole group buy together and raving about the quality and all of that sales pitch. i jumped in the full gauntlet and then in the street shorty glove buy as well. the shorty gloves were a group buy ending near spring and they were a little late getting to us all. but...

after over a year-and-a-half i still NEVER received my full gauntlets. that is right: i paid for them in January and had to finally get my money back i believe in June (i could be off by a month). i kept asking him and he kept saying that he was trying to get them. i said that i would take ANYTHING other than white. he kept asking me to take white after enough time went by again.

the shorty gloves were nice for a summer. the stitching is at the point that i am uncomfortable crashing in them. i now have Knox Handroids (pain in the hands to break due to not being big enough but i have little in options) and will be on my second year with them still holding up fine.

i cannot recommend todd and heroic. if you go in on the product then i wish you all the best, but know that it will be delayed and that it may be VERY delayed for some of you.

#18 ·
my thing is more that todd, himself, promised time and again that he was trying to get my gloves done. a year-and-a-half.

from my perspective all that needed to be done (and i said this to him) was when he ordered ANY other gloves in ANYTHING but white i would take that in 13. it never happened.

it really bummed me out. i really liked todd and i even joked with him about the whole thing at times. i was super laid back for most of the time, and near the end of that first lost summer i even said that it was not a big deal unless i did not get them for the next summer. it became apparent that i would likely not ever get them so i asked for my money back.

new manufacturer or not- he lied to me about "trying" to get them done. he is the owner of the company and could have gotten it done as he wished. i watched posts of new glove orders appear on facebook along with him trying to promote getting more new orders on gloves.

but this is my issue. if he has gotten better at getting things done then good for all of you. personally, i will not do business with them again. best of luck to all of you though. the gloves are comfy as hell when you first get them and they do break in nicely, but the threading coming out simply bothers me as well.

#19 ·
I also recently had less than great experiences with them. The sticking around the fingers came undone just from normal use. Unfortunately later that day I crashed in them so if you don't believe me I can't really prove that they didn't come undone in the crash.

Anyhow I sent them in to be repaired since apparently they were only single stitched instead of double-stitched and it took so long to get them back that at one point I was fairly sure I just wasn't going to get them back ever since Todd had to ask me what size and color they were... I was basically 90% sure he just lost them. Anyways I did get them back eventually and get charged for the repair, but honestly I was pretty sure I was going to by a Heroic Racing full kangaroo suit from him for the next season but the whole experience turned me off from doing business with him again.

#20 ·
Hmmm. I bought a set of used gloves from a guy on the board who said they were in great condition and when I received them it appeared he did a obvious and unprofessional sewing job on the threads that connect the palm sting ray piece. I was going to send them in for repair but I don't think I will now with the service issues I am hearing. I remember hearing all the complaints during the group buy as we'll.
What really concerns me is the fact that they are coming undone, crash or no crash.
The stories of the service, and the product, have me a little concerned. Maybe both are better now but if that's the case the company ought to make it right to those who had unacceptable service or products such as giving a huge discount to those with bad service and re-sewing or replacing gloves with problems for no charge, and in a timely manner.
Very few small companies survive theses days and ones with bad reputations are almost sure to fail. I want to buy products that will be around for a long time from companies that will be around for a long time.

#21 ·
For what its worth, I have four pieces of heroic gear. Two sets of gloves, a jacket, and a suit. The one pair of gloves and jacket have over 10,000 miles of street use on them and, aside from being dirty, are in fine condition. They've been through rain, snow, hot, and cold. The other set of gloves and suit i picked up recently so they dont have much use but seem to be of the same quality as my older heroic gear.

All of my dealings with Todd have been in person, either at his home or trackside and he was always super nice and great to work with.

#22 ·
For what it's worth, now that the fingers are all double-stitched I am absolutely confident that they could do their job in a crash, it's just too bad the support behind them was lacking.

#23 ·
I bought a pair from a fellow member that were suppose to be brand new but had a split in each seam near each index knuckle. It was really only noticeable when they were flexed. The member and I worked out a deal that we're both happy with so no issue there. I contacted Todd by email and he responded immediately and said to send them in to be repaired for free (minus shipping which is fine). I appreciate all the info from the above members but I'm going to send them back tomorrow and I'll keep you guys posted. I tend to pull for the smaller companies that make solid products- so I'm pulling for Heroic........and my gloves...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#24 ·
I tend to pull for the smaller companies that make solid products- so I'm pulling for Heroic........and my gloves...
i did and do, too. i probably always will.

todd is a nice guy, but i feel that he gets in over his head. maybe in years to come i will buy something "heroic" when it is offered in a store and in stock, but i will never trust todd to get things done on his own accord again. the fact that he kept pushing the blame on his factory in another country bothers the hell out of me. oh- and the street gloves i did get also did not have the pinky webbing that i asked for as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.