Triumph 675 Forums banner

Throttle Cutting Out - Please Help

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  MotoMeets 
#1 ·
This issue began 3 weeks ago. I have '13 Daytona 675R, with no mechanical work done to it. 12,400 miles, all mine.

In 2nd/3rd gear between 8-12k RPMs, the throttle is cutting out for a split second and coming back on.

When I left my bike at the dealer for 12k maintenance, they could not figure out the issue. I just dropped it off today and told them to replace everything related to the issue under warranty.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

#4 ·
UPDATE: Dealership said it was a faulty quick shifter and it was replaced under warranty. The issue with the old one was that the quick shifter had become too sensitive, and was engaging from the slightest pressure of my boot (no I was not preloading).

On the way home the dealership said to try preloading it, and it replicated the issue exactly.

#5 ·
Weird....I wouldn't have guessed that. I noticed a lot of people leave their foot under the shifter while riding. I was always taught to place my foot properly back on the peg after a shift....seems to greatly improve handling control when my foot position is correct, and in this case would keep from accidentally "baby" preloading the shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.